Helpful Links

Trouble signing in to HBO Go and Max Go

Contributor

Trouble signing in to HBO Go and Max Go

Recently I've had trouble with both the computer version and apps for HBO Go and Max Go. Everytime I click sign in or sign up, and I click that my television provider is AT&T, the page refreshes and a bubble appears stating I am not a subscriber to the channel. I tried seeing if this was an issue with any other cable prviders, but when I said I was a member of Comcast or Astound, it instantly brought me to a sign-in page. It's extremely frustrating as I cannot access my favorite shows. Is anyone else having this issue? Again, this is an issue for both the apps and on the computer. 

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: Trouble signing in to HBO Go and Max Go

No unfortunately I am having somewhat of a similar issue. For the longest I have not been able to log into my HBO GO account. I never had any trouble with my CINEMAX GO account and I am dumbfounded about why I am having an issue especially since the same username and password are suppose to work for both sites. So I logged out of my CINEMAX GO account to see if I could reset the password to be able to fix for both sites and nothing is working for me now. This situation is so frustrating I have completely given up on getting any type of resolution

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

This is likely because you are attempting to log in from a location that also uses AT&T for their internet.  AT&T decided for some reason to block other AT&T users from using HBOGO etc if the second site isn't also subscribed to those channels.  So, the solution is to encourage the cafe/hotel/friend/relative or whoever's place you're trying to view from to drop AT&T and get a competitor's internet.  Then you shouldn't have problems.

Message 3 of 4
Guru

Try using one of your Sub accounts

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support