Explore & discover

Helpful Links

TV apps not working with uverse

Contributor

TV apps not working with uverse

Hello,
I cannot watch my Showtime Anytime or NBC Sports apps on my xBox 360, iPhone, or iPad Air.
When I try to watch something on any of these apps on any of these platforms, I get an error message that says I do not have a Uverse subscription. But I do! On ShowtimeAnytime.com, for example, it won't even let me login to my SHowtime account (which I've created before). Instead, it gives me the error message that my Uverse account does not have a Showtime subscription. But I do!!!!
This has been happening for several weeks and I am very frustrated.
Message 1 of 88
Contributor

Re: TV apps not working with uverse

We have had this same problem for a couple years now. Tried calling customer service multiple times and they have not been able to solve. Promised to look into it and call back within 24 hours and never did. I tried changing my password as suggested and it still does not work. It is very frustrating and I almost feel like those of us in this situation should get some sort of discount as we are not able to utilize our service to the fullest extent. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Message 61 of 88
Contributor

I also am not "authorized" to watch 3rd party apps, either on a Roku, or my iPad. Yet I can watch on my u-verse app. Which means I can only watch what u- verse wants me to watch? That doesn't seem right. How do I get the authorization to watch on the apps?  

Message 62 of 88
ACE - Expert

@Irasmom97 wrote:

I also am not "authorized" to watch 3rd party apps, either on a Roku, or my iPad. Yet I can watch on my u-verse app. Which means I can only watch what u- verse wants me to watch? That doesn't seem right. How do I get the authorization to watch on the apps?  

When on your U-verse connection, you should be automatically authorized if you select your TV provider as "AT&T U-verse."  When away from home, you'd need to select your TV Provider as "AT&T U-verse" and then provide your credentials for your AT&T U-verse login.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 88
Contributor

I have done that repeatedly. This forum will not let me upload a photo showing the issue but it acknowledges my service provider is U-verse. And then says that my account is not authorized to view content. It suggests the channel is not in my service plan ( it is ) that parental controls are on ( not the case) or that it can only be viewed on the internet. I can view it all on the U verse app on my iPad ( except some local channels) but sometimes that is not what I want to use. 

Message 64 of 88
ACE - Expert

@Irasmom97, it could be the that AT&T's agreement with that channel provider is squirrely.  What channels are we talking about?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 65 of 88
ACE - Professor

@Irasmom97

I'll say I'm experiencing a growing number of problems getting broadcaster apps to authenticate with Uverse .  Takes many tries, or in some cases resetting apps on Android devices.  Roku in particular has appeared problematic trying to get it working with ESPN.  Not sure if the authentication API has changed, but for sure something seems different these days .

This thread should be closed and another opened.  The thread marked as solution no longer applies and matters with Uverse have also changed substantially.

100/20 Mbps VDSL2 connected Arris BGW210 gateway in IP Passthrough to Orbi RBK50 in Router mode

Message 66 of 88

I am also having this issue!!! I get an error msg saying, “it looks like you’re not subscribed to this channel. please contact your provider” anytime i try to stream on any 3rd party apps, like NBC, ABC, BRAVO... 

i know now these channels are included in my u-300! Please help! 

Message 67 of 88
ACE - Professor

@jamesbrewww

What device are you trying to use?  If on your home network, the service will usually recognize you. If off home network, you'll need to provide userid and password.   The following link may help.

https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-TV-Apps/App-Not-Working-Troubleshooting-Steps-From-AT-amp-T/td-p/5...

100/20 Mbps VDSL2 connected Arris BGW210 gateway in IP Passthrough to Orbi RBK50 in Router mode

Message 68 of 88

The error happens on multiple devices! All of our iphones, fire tvs, ipads. We have logged in with home network & alternatively with user id  & password. The apps will say the provider is successfully linked but then when we attempt to stream, we receive the error msg, “it looks like you’re not subscribed to this channel. please contact your provider.” 

its clearly, very obviously an authentication error on the side of AT&T. 

The Uverse app works successfully but NOT any third party apps. 

Message 69 of 88
ACE - Professor

Probably best to call 800 number for help. 

Message 70 of 88
Contributor

Hello

I am having the same issue where I can not access any apps. I have U-200 Andi e tried to access several apps like MTV, Food Network, HBO Go, Lifetime, CNN etc... every time I try logging in I get a message that states I do not have the channel or I am not authorized to view this content. I have reached out via chat and phone calls several times in the past few weeks and no one is able to help me. I’ve been provided several ticket numbers but whenever I call or chat I have to start over as if my tickets don’t exist. Please Help!

Message 71 of 88

I’ve spoken to a couple different “higher resolution” team members over the last few days who both told me that there is an “outage” with third party apps since June 12 of this year. They said there is no work around & no projected date of a fix. 

basically, we’re sh*t out of luck. they even tried different ways of resetting & syncing my u-verse login but nothing worked... the last guy i spoke with said if that wasn’t effective then it was because of the “outage”. 

Message 72 of 88
ACE - Professor

What state or region are you located in?  I can assure you this is not a nationwide issue as I regularly access apps like ESPN and TCM with my  U450 subscription on a regular basis.  I am located in south Florida. 

Message 73 of 88
ACE - Expert

@Chefmarc wrote:

Hello

I am having the same issue where I can not access any apps. I have U-200 Andi e tried to access several apps like MTV, Food Network, HBO Go, Lifetime, CNN etc... every time I try logging in I get a message that states I do not have the channel or I am not authorized to view this content. I have reached out via chat and phone calls several times in the past few weeks and no one is able to help me. I’ve been provided several ticket numbers but whenever I call or chat I have to start over as if my tickets don’t exist. Please Help!

HBO Go would not be included in U-200. MTV, Food Network, Lifetime and CNN are.  Like @gr8sho, I've used network streaming apps several times since June without issue, most often ESPN's.  There have been documented problems after moving U-verse service from one address to another, the rep would have to manually resync your account so that authentication worked for third-party streaming apps.  Your issue may be similar.  Unfortunately, most entry level CSRs will have no idea what you're asking them to do, and getting them to pass the call to someone who would may be near to impossible.  I would refer you to ATTCares, but the way that's set up right now, they have to find this thread on their own (which may or may not happen).

Message 74 of 88

I was able to get a representative from their “advanced resolution” department who attempted to re-sync my account by deleting the associated email/access ID & setting it up with a brand new one which did not work. He said in the case that resetting my account was unsuccessful, i must be affected by the outage involving 3rd party apps. 

i’m located in southern California, for whoever it was that asked.

if you call U-verse, request the advanced resolution dept as, from what i was told, they are the technicians who assist you after multiple attempts with the regular guys is unsuccessful. 

Message 75 of 88
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support