gtskiff's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 1:09 AM

TV apps not working with uverse

Hello,
I cannot watch my Showtime Anytime or NBC Sports apps on my xBox 360, iPhone, or iPad Air.
When I try to watch something on any of these apps on any of these platforms, I get an error message that says I do not have a Uverse subscription. But I do! On ShowtimeAnytime.com, for example, it won't even let me login to my SHowtime account (which I've created before). Instead, it gives me the error message that my Uverse account does not have a Showtime subscription. But I do!!!!
This has been happening for several weeks and I am very frustrated.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hello

I am having the same issue where I can not access any apps. I have U-200 Andi e tried to access several apps like MTV, Food Network, HBO Go, Lifetime, CNN etc... every time I try logging in I get a message that states I do not have the channel or I am not authorized to view this content. I have reached out via chat and phone calls several times in the past few weeks and no one is able to help me. I’ve been provided several ticket numbers but whenever I call or chat I have to start over as if my tickets don’t exist. Please Help!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve spoken to a couple different “higher resolution” team members over the last few days who both told me that there is an “outage” with third party apps since June 12 of this year. They said there is no work around & no projected date of a fix. 

basically, we’re sh*t out of luck. they even tried different ways of resetting & syncing my u-verse login but nothing worked... the last guy i spoke with said if that wasn’t effective then it was because of the “outage”. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

What state or region are you located in?  I can assure you this is not a nationwide issue as I regularly access apps like ESPN and TCM with my  U450 subscription on a regular basis.  I am located in south Florida. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 years ago

@Chefmarc wrote:

Hello

I am having the same issue where I can not access any apps. I have U-200 Andi e tried to access several apps like MTV, Food Network, HBO Go, Lifetime, CNN etc... every time I try logging in I get a message that states I do not have the channel or I am not authorized to view this content. I have reached out via chat and phone calls several times in the past few weeks and no one is able to help me. I’ve been provided several ticket numbers but whenever I call or chat I have to start over as if my tickets don’t exist. Please Help!

HBO Go would not be included in U-200. MTV, Food Network, Lifetime and CNN are.  Like @gr8sho, I've used network streaming apps several times since June without issue, most often ESPN's.  There have been documented problems after moving U-verse service from one address to another, the rep would have to manually resync your account so that authentication worked for third-party streaming apps.  Your issue may be similar.  Unfortunately, most entry level CSRs will have no idea what you're asking them to do, and getting them to pass the call to someone who would may be near to impossible.  I would refer you to ATTCares, but the way that's set up right now, they have to find this thread on their own (which may or may not happen).

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I was able to get a representative from their “advanced resolution” department who attempted to re-sync my account by deleting the associated email/access ID & setting it up with a brand new one which did not work. He said in the case that resetting my account was unsuccessful, i must be affected by the outage involving 3rd party apps. 

i’m located in southern California, for whoever it was that asked.

if you call U-verse, request the advanced resolution dept as, from what i was told, they are the technicians who assist you after multiple attempts with the regular guys is unsuccessful. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your assistance. I do have HBO as an add on to my package... HBO and Cinemax. That’s the main third party app I used to watch. I just got the service less than a month ago and was able to log into all thrird party apps the first week but it stopped working at the beginning of week one. And now I’m in a 1 year contract but can’t even use the TV service on third party apps. It feels like a hopeless situation. Smh. Also I live in North Carolina so it seems like people are having issues in several states.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Chefmarc

This gets into a little bit of a gray area about the contract.  I don't believe there is any mention of streaming with 3rd party apps  in the ToS as an entitlement if you wanted to argue that point, but you should let your opinion on this be heard with customer service.

Also, I don't get this outage point either.  Never heard of it myself. bit if it's really going on 6 months, then I would not get my hopes up it will ever get fixed.  Have you pursued the recommendation mentioned by @jamesbrewww ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

2019 and i keep being told by AT&T that this is a company wide issue with no date to be fixed. So this issue been going on for 4years with no fix in sight. WOW I left Spectrum for AT&T regret it greatly because i work or i am always on the move, also this is 2019 everybody watches tv on their phone and for me to see this issue been going on for 4years wow. I keep getting "We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. It appears that your AT&T U-verse subscription does not include HBO. HBO GO is available free to AT&T U-verse customers who subscribe to HBO." I get this message for HBO, ShowTime and even ESPN. ESPN is a basic cable channel so if i have any cable provider i obviously have ESPN

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issue and have been for 2 months. The guy in Tech literally asked me to spell ROKU???!!! I guess I am going to have to go back to Xfinity. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same exact problem here too. Called att service and spoke with at least 5 different people. Deleted apps and reloaded. Changed passwords. Nothing worked and it still doesn't work. Beyond frustrated at this point..,did not have this issue with Comcast.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.