gtskiff's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 1:09 AM

TV apps not working with uverse

Hello,
I cannot watch my Showtime Anytime or NBC Sports apps on my xBox 360, iPhone, or iPad Air.
When I try to watch something on any of these apps on any of these platforms, I get an error message that says I do not have a Uverse subscription. But I do! On ShowtimeAnytime.com, for example, it won't even let me login to my SHowtime account (which I've created before). Instead, it gives me the error message that my Uverse account does not have a Showtime subscription. But I do!!!!
This has been happening for several weeks and I am very frustrated.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

For those wondering, this is exactly it.  Not sure if it's the same with DirecTV but  I had AT&T U-verse over AT&T FIber before.  Everything worked without a hitch.  I then swapped to Xfinity due to me moving to a residence with no AT&T Fiber/U-verse availability.  Just recently, AT&T FIber made it's way to my residence and I switched back.  I ran into the dreaded Cable Provider App "unauthorized"/"not subscribed" message across various apps (ESPN, Disney, HBO, etc).

I did what JefferMC recommended and after 4 transfers to the right department, they acknowledged the database had to be updated with my AT&T login.

So keep in mind 3 things:

1) Your login is the one ending in att.net (or whatever account you have with AT&T).  You can create this when first sign into your MyATT login and then go to your U-verse account.

2) It is a database-related issue (if you can't sign in).

3) The department you go to depends on the medium in which you're receiving U-verse.  U-verse over AT&T FIber is a separate department than U-verse over DSL.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We have had this same problem for a couple years now. Tried calling customer service multiple times and they have not been able to solve. Promised to look into it and call back within 24 hours and never did. I tried changing my password as suggested and it still does not work. It is very frustrating and I almost feel like those of us in this situation should get some sort of discount as we are not able to utilize our service to the fullest extent. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I also am not "authorized" to watch 3rd party apps, either on a Roku, or my iPad. Yet I can watch on my u-verse app. Which means I can only watch what u- verse wants me to watch? That doesn't seem right. How do I get the authorization to watch on the apps?  

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Irasmom97 wrote:

I also am not "authorized" to watch 3rd party apps, either on a Roku, or my iPad. Yet I can watch on my u-verse app. Which means I can only watch what u- verse wants me to watch? That doesn't seem right. How do I get the authorization to watch on the apps?  

When on your U-verse connection, you should be automatically authorized if you select your TV provider as "AT&T U-verse."  When away from home, you'd need to select your TV Provider as "AT&T U-verse" and then provide your credentials for your AT&T U-verse login.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have done that repeatedly. This forum will not let me upload a photo showing the issue but it acknowledges my service provider is U-verse. And then says that my account is not authorized to view content. It suggests the channel is not in my service plan ( it is ) that parental controls are on ( not the case) or that it can only be viewed on the internet. I can view it all on the U verse app on my iPad ( except some local channels) but sometimes that is not what I want to use. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Irasmom97, it could be the that AT&T's agreement with that channel provider is squirrely.  What channels are we talking about?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Irasmom97

I'll say I'm experiencing a growing number of problems getting broadcaster apps to authenticate with Uverse .  Takes many tries, or in some cases resetting apps on Android devices.  Roku in particular has appeared problematic trying to get it working with ESPN.  Not sure if the authentication API has changed, but for sure something seems different these days .

This thread should be closed and another opened.  The thread marked as solution no longer applies and matters with Uverse have also changed substantially.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I am also having this issue!!! I get an error msg saying, “it looks like you’re not subscribed to this channel. please contact your provider” anytime i try to stream on any 3rd party apps, like NBC, ABC, BRAVO... 

i know now these channels are included in my u-300! Please help! 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

The error happens on multiple devices! All of our iphones, fire tvs, ipads. We have logged in with home network & alternatively with user id  & password. The apps will say the provider is successfully linked but then when we attempt to stream, we receive the error msg, “it looks like you’re not subscribed to this channel. please contact your provider.” 

its clearly, very obviously an authentication error on the side of AT&T. 

The Uverse app works successfully but NOT any third party apps. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

Probably best to call 800 number for help. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.