gtskiff's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 1:09 AM

TV apps not working with uverse

Hello,
I cannot watch my Showtime Anytime or NBC Sports apps on my xBox 360, iPhone, or iPad Air.
When I try to watch something on any of these apps on any of these platforms, I get an error message that says I do not have a Uverse subscription. But I do! On ShowtimeAnytime.com, for example, it won't even let me login to my SHowtime account (which I've created before). Instead, it gives me the error message that my Uverse account does not have a Showtime subscription. But I do!!!!
This has been happening for several weeks and I am very frustrated.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@jensmith286 wrote:

I've sent two private messages as suggested and gotten zero response.  So no, they don't respond within 1-3 business days.  It has been a week with no response.

If you haven't read it yet, ATT Uverse Care has responded in many threads that it is a known problem and they are working on it.  They suggest using Uverse online to see many of the programs on the apps.

They probably see no need to answer you about this old news, or someone here will notify you like I did. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Quick, easy workaround, everyone:  Just create a new subaccount.  Might be annoying to have to login with a different username/password but it can get you up and running in 5 minutes.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I too just recently moved and I'm experiencing the same problem. Cannot access any apps on my mobile devices. I've been on the phone multiple times with technical support and they offered no help whatsoever, Just the standard scripted runaround. Sure, this is a known issue but it is been going on for over five months from what I see on these forums. That is unacceptable. It seems like they can never get a fix for this. I will be looking into switching my service to another provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Still a problem in Feb of 2016. The tech told me the problem was with MTV yet ignored my comments regarding cbs and hbo. I got angry and said I wanted to know what the early termination fee was and suddenly my internet was out for 15 minutes.

The uverse site does not have the most recent episodes so that is useless. Time to learn how those streaming devices work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am trying to watch episodes on Freeform app and at Freeform online and get a 400-1 error. Thoughts

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @rnan49,

Check out this thread, it may help. 

-ATTU-verseCare 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same problem trying to sign into my uverse app and showtime app. I have tried resetting the password. Can you please help this has been going on for days now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had that happen too... It's because Freeform isn't part of your TV subscription. Makes lots of sense... I know!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So it is my understanding that basically ATT doesn't want us to use the TV Apps through AppleTV but instead wants us to use the ATT U-Verse App? Ive tried logging into several TV apps on my AppleTV and have gotten an error code almost everytime. I have tried logging out and logging back in, unistalling the app, and some other things and nothing has worked. Is this assumption correct?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the ABC app. Please help. Thank you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.