marcindublin's profile

Guru

• 

417 Messages

Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 3:05 PM

TV Notes.

Interesting idea for being able to send text messages to a TV. Very solid implementation.

http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/applications#5.7?source=ECEU000000000000E&wtExtndSource=0514_spot_nat_c_nots

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

marcindublin - Yes, that could be a useful feature, if it were implemented.

Instead of sending the message to a TV it sends to a channel or all channels. There is no way to know it will get to a specific TV unless you always use all channels. But, you still do not know if that TV is being viewed.

Also, it says to press "go interactive" to get started. Messages do not appear on the resulting screen. It needs a few more words such as -

The message app is found under ____
scroll the apps on the first page down to find it.

It is also quite ugly to use.

From my perspective it is yet another case of being able to say "we have this intriguing feature" but not making it good enough to be of any value.

Guru

• 

644 Messages

10 years ago

I found it was more trouble than I wanted to deal with.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

10 years ago

Once you set it up with a cell phone number, you can text a message from that Cellphone to show up on the TV as a reminder, or to text someone who is watching TV and may not have their phone with them. That's the usefulness of the application in my opinion. You can turn the feature off individually for each STB in the house.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.