TV Notes.

Scholar

TV Notes.

Interesting idea for being able to send text messages to a TV. Very solid implementation.

http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/applications#5.7?source=ECEU000000000000E&wtExtndSource=0514_spot...

Message 1 of 4 (430 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: TV Notes.

marcindublin - Yes, that could be a useful feature, if it were implemented.

Instead of sending the message to a TV it sends to a channel or all channels. There is no way to know it will get to a specific TV unless you always use all channels. But, you still do not know if that TV is being viewed.

Also, it says to press "go interactive" to get started. Messages do not appear on the resulting screen. It needs a few more words such as -

The message app is found under ____
scroll the apps on the first page down to find it.

It is also quite ugly to use.

From my perspective it is yet another case of being able to say "we have this intriguing feature" but not making it good enough to be of any value.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (421 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

I found it was more trouble than I wanted to deal with.

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 3 of 4 (411 Views)
Scholar

Once you set it up with a cell phone number, you can text a message from that Cellphone to show up on the TV as a reminder, or to text someone who is watching TV and may not have their phone with them. That's the usefulness of the application in my opinion. You can turn the feature off individually for each STB in the house.

Message 4 of 4 (402 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.