Moorwalker's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 5:13 PM

TV Guide

When checking an up coming programin the Channel Guide, I have noticed that the synopsis, (what the program is about), does not stay on long enough to fully read. It may switch to who the stars are and then to "when first aired". The latter 2 stay on longer than the synopsis which to me is more important.  I have called the support/help desk and the issue has been, (alledgedly), kicked upstairs.  Anyone else notice this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Moorwalker wrote:

When checking an up coming programin the Channel Guide, I have noticed that the synopsis, (what the program is about), does not stay on long enough to fully read. It may switch to who the stars are and then to "when first aired". The latter 2 stay on longer than the synopsis which to me is more important.  I have called the support/help desk and the issue has been, (alledgedly), kicked upstairs.  Anyone else notice this?

All you need to to view the details of a program in the Guide for as long as you like is press the INFO button.  When you have completed the reviewed of the details, press the INFO button again to return to the Guide.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

If you press the info button and you still don't see all of the synopsis, you can press the right cursor button and you will see all of the info in it's entirety.  Then press the right cursor button and then info to leave the info screen.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Moorwalker - I agree that there is a lot of room for improvement in this area. Maybe a running banner would be better than three changing screens. It is important to get a good episode specific synopsis upfront. Then the original air date.

I do not care about the rest. But, I am sure others do.

At least if it was a running banner of actual words there would be no waiting for the other two blank screens to time out to reread the synopsis.

Also, please, please put the original air date and channel number in any summary listings of episodes.

And, every every every episode specific menu should include a button for more show times.

Rethink Possible

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Now my TV schedule shows "getting information" instead of listing the shows . I have to click on the little window to see the program but no title, just a picture.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Absolutely agree.  This  problem needs much improvement.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

This normally indicates that your box didn't download the last schedule update properly.  I'd reset it by holding in the power button until it blinks.  Wait a few minutes after the blue screen that says "Press OK to watch DVR" (or recordings or On Demand) and try the guide again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.