Andi26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 3:54 AM

Showtime and HBO on Smart Tv

I have an LG smart tv. I have a showtime
And hbo subscription with U-verse on my
Other 2 Tvs in the house. I bought the smart tv so I could just download an ap and watch my showtime and hbo subscription on this tv. How do I do that?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

You'll need to check with LG to see if they offer an app for that.  It's a TV thing...not a Uverse thing.

I did find the following information:
LG announced the addition of the HBO Go on-demand TV service to its smart TVs. HBO Go is available on LG TV's going back to 2012 models. LG said it's the first manufacturer to add HBO Go to its system. The HBO Go comes standard on the Premium Content menu, which is part of the webOS interface used on the most recent LG TVs. Users can also cast content from a smartphone or tablet to the LG TV.

https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1739-lg-adds-hbo-go-to-smart-tvs/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a huge LG OLED tv purchased a few months ago. There is no way to access any HBO app on this tv except through either Sling or Hulu. It does suggest accessing HBO Go through the internet. When I did the latter and went through all the steps, I was unable to watch any show because Adobe Flash is not supported by LG.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

That was in 2014.  It appears that LG removed HBO GO during a WebOS upgrade.  I have an LG 2016-model OLED purchased in February of 2017 and it has never offered HBO GO.  I solved that problem with a Roku box, but that's $120 I shouldn't have to spend.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My roommate has a 2019 LG Smart Tv and HBO Go is nowhere to be found. It’s not even in the LG APP Store. It works great on my JVC Roku TV. On the internet it says it’s been available on models dating 2012-and later. But it’s not there anymore. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.