LouisTully's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 6th, 2014 3:24 AM

Showtime Anytime Not Working with Uverse

I just tried setting up Showtime Anytime through my Xbox 360. It gave me the activation code and the website to sign up on ShowtimeAnytime. But when I choose Uverse in the drop down menu, it says "I don't have Showtime Anytime with my account', which I do. And the odd thing is, I'm not even logged in. It doesn't even give me the option to log in. I tried clicking other tv providers and every single one of them offered a log in screen, but Uverse didn't and just kept reloading the same page that said Showtime is not on my account and doen't give me the option to type in my login information. Is this a problem for others and how can they fix this?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

BTW, this is not happening to everyone.  I just went to ShowtimeAnytime.com and to WatchEspn.com and was able to watch video from both sources.

So... anyone reporting this, please be specific about any error messages or anything you think might be unique about your account or situation.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

thanks for your prompt reply,  I only alluded to all premiums because I see the others on blogs.  I can also login on ESPN.GO.  It is only Showtimeanytime that I cannot access because that is the only premium I want to access.  Appreciate anything you can do.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry I hit send too soon on my reply.  On my Mac the error message is "there was an error on the server" and on my iphone it just goes to a blank screen.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately it has not been intermittent for me as I have tried to access every day for 6 weeks and not once was I successful.  I dont buy that it cant be fixed because the hundred or so other providers have a workable system and its only Uverse and on only certain premium channels. Thanks for your input.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

9 years ago

Update from Office of the president.

Still a known issue and the ETA on a fix is estimated to be "October".

Does that mean October 1st or October 31st? I'm not sure just trying to keep everyone updated on information I am recieving. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I got the same thing multiple times over the past year we've had uverse. I finally called today, and although we pay for this service, we are unable to use the showtime app to get caught up on past seasons. Verizon fios is soooo much better. With all past seasons on demand. We wanted to watch nurse Jackie and on demand on uverse only has the latest season. Useless. When I called they told me there is an "outage". I asked if this "outage" could last seven months cause it didn't work before either. They basically gave me a "we will tell people" answer but no time frame or guess when it would work. Hopeless, I wrote showtime as well. Just really disappointed. Pretty sure uverse should give me $100 so I can buy the episodes on iTunes!! 😡😡😡😡

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

This ´solution´ does not work for me. My issue is with WATCHESPN/ESPN3 content via my cell service.

Uninstalling/reinstalling the app did nothing.

I am a U200 subscriber.

I do note that the network service is hardly every mentioned in these complaints:

In my case I tried several different paths with different results:

1. Accessed espn.go/watchespn via my Chrome browser on my laptop, while connected to my home network which is also AT&T. Selected AT&T as the provider. Selected an ESPN3 stream  - WORKED

2. Accessed WATCHESPN via the App on my Android Galaxy S4 phone, while connected to my home network which is also AT&T. Selected AT&T as the provider.  Selected an ESPN3 stream - FAILED with  User Not Authorized message.

3. Accessed WATCHESPN via the App on my Android Galaxy S4 phone, while connected to my T-Mobile 4G network. Selected AT&T as the provider.  Selected an ESPN3 stream - FAILED with  User Not Authorized message.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I tried one additional test:

4. Accessed espn.go/watchespn via my Chrome browser on my laptop, while connected to my T-Mobile 4G hotspot. Selected AT&T as the provider. Selected an ESPN3 stream  - FAILED with User not Authorized

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Try LChapa35's solution. This fixed all my WatchESPN app issues.

Go to ATT.COM and create a sub-account. (att.com -> My Att -> Internet -> Create or Manage Sub-accounts)

Go back to WatchESPN app and log in via the sub-account ID instead. If you can't make WatchESPN forget your old ID, then force it to forget by re-installing WatchESPN.

Concurrenly with attempting this solution, I contacted AT&T support. They 'fixed' my primary ID so that it also now works. There must have been some attribute of my primary ID that was missing the key authorization information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Apparently it is happening again. I get a non-discript error when trying to login.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.