acctdjb's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 3rd, 2015 6:03 PM

REMOVING CBS from U-Verse

Is what is running across my TV screen true??????

If CBS is removed from Uverse, I am sorry to say I will have to cancel my service.

I will find another service for my TV, phone and internet that I currently carry with AT&T.

If this is "old" news, as I person replied, why is the notice running across by TV TODAY (12/3/15) saying that at 10:59pm I may lose my service.

This is totally unacceptable!

I hope this doesn't happen. 

Guess I'll know at 11:00pm tonight.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

"CBS" is not being removed by U-verse.

Tegna, the company that owns KHOU, a CBS affiliate, may withdraw consent for AT&T to continue to provide it to its subscribers if AT&T doesn't agree to the price Tegna has set for the channel.  AT&T and Tegna are negotiating, and as a ploy, Tegna has placed this crawl on its programming to get you to pester AT&T to agree to Tegna's terms.

Feel like a pawn yet?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@acctdjb wrote:

Is what is running across my TV screen true??????

If CBS is removed from Uverse, I am sorry to say I will have to cancel my service.

I will find another service for my TV, phone and internet that I currently carry with AT&T.

If this is "old" news, as I person replied, why is the notice running across by TV TODAY (12/3/15) saying that at 10:59pm I may lose my service.

This is totally unacceptable!

I hope this doesn't happen. 

Guess I'll know at 11:00pm tonight.

All of CBS is not up for renewal. That was settled this past June 30. It is your particular local channel that is up for renewal. If you change, your new provider may have a contract coming due with your local CBS channel in the next few months. If that contract discussion is not successful, and your CBS channel is pulled from your new provider, then what are you going to do?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@acctdjb

This is resolved.

Tegna announced it has reached a multi-year agreement regarding continued carriage of TEGNA Media television stations on DIRECTV and AT&T U-verse with no interruption of service to viewers.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

This is another reason to either switch to Xfinity or add an outside antenna.  AT&T is already not carrying our local (Jacksonville, FL) PBS sub-channels.  Not carrying our local CBS/FOX affiliate is one more example of AT&T's corporate greed and distain for any degree of community service.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.