Yellowtang05's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 24th, 2013 2:20 PM

Programming for the 3 Basic Channel during the Zimmerman Trail in Orlando FL

Ok U-verse you need to step up and show the basic channels NBC, CBS & ABC on an alterative channels. The trail started today and god know how long it will last and until then I can not watch the programs on these networks from  9 - 5.  If you can't fix this I am going to LEAVE!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

mbrandt3238 = More details provided, leads to a better explanation. it looks like it is the sub-channel problem. U-verse does not include sub channels - only the primary channel. Others do, all the time. You just do not notice it because the content is not that good.

It would have been a better choice for the stations to put the trial on the sub-channel and the network programing on the primary channel.

All you can do is receive it over the air or find it on the web or see if a friend has a slingbox & would give you access.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Yellowtang05 - I believe U-verse does not control the content. the networks do. What would u-verse show on alternate channels?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

I'm not in front of a TV now, but I believe the complaint has to do with the Zimmerman trial in Florida. I'm guessing the OP is complaining that the networks broke in with live coverage.

As aviewer has said, the providers (AT&T, Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, Time Warner, etc.) have no control over what is being shown. They merely provide the channels (providers provide, right?)

Anyway, if you don't want to watch the trial, I'm sure it was only a temporary thing. If you do want to watch the trial coverage, I'm sure the news channels in the 202-216 range (add 1000 for HD) will have enough coverage to make anyone happy.

If you live in Florida, once again, the providers have no control over what is shown. All providers show the same exact thing on whichever channel you're watching.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Yellowtang05 wrote:

Ok U-verse you need to step up and show the basic channels NBC, CBS & ABC on an alterative channels. The trail started today and god know how long it will last and until then I can not watch the programs on these networks from  9 - 5.  If you can't fix this I am going to LEAVE!!!!

Leave if you feel that you need to, but U-verse has no control over what programming a TV channel choses to broadcast on a main or alternate channel. Good luck with your new provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I don't think you understand. All the other cable TV providers are showing the regularly scheduled content for NBC, CBS, and ABC on another channel if you don't want to watch the Zimmerman trial all day. AT&T Uverse and AT&T Direct TV are the only providers not offering normal programming on other channels.Imagine watching a stupid trial every single day, all day, on every major channel for weeks and weeks. This isn't including updates on the news and and a recap after the 11;00 news at night. I think that if, Comcast, Bright House, etc. can move normal programming to another channel for their customers, Uverse should be able to also.

Guru

• 

417 Messages

11 years ago

This type of thing is happening more and more often, where local stations are choosing to put content on a subchannel. When subchannels consisted of 24 hour weather and 1930's movies, AT*T's position not carrying subchannels could be justified. Clearly, this is not the case anymore. 

It is also insufficient for AT*T to say that you can pick these channels up with an antenna. True enough in many cases, but you lose the DVR capability.

It all goes to the competitiveness issue. Whole House DVR was a killer feature but now, everyone has it or a reasonable facsimile so in markets with lots of competition, you will start to see turnover based on channel selection. AT*T was worlds ahead of Time Warner in the Columbus market 4 years ago. Not any more. Subchannels are part of that equation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.