Helpful Links

Need help with HDMI Error Messages. H-1005-HDCP

Contributor

Need help with HDMI Error Messages. H-1005-HDCP

I keep getting a Error Message that reads::

HDMI Error: Unable to display Viedo

H1005-HDCP link integrity check failed.

Options:

Switch to another video output, Turn TV off and Off, Remove any devices sharing the HDMI

Unplug and Plug in HDMI

Unplug and Plug in Power Cable

Please visit www.att.com/ufix for more assistance.

Has anybody had this error message.  Best Buy Geek Squad said it is the UVerse Box.

Can't find anything on UVerse/UFit page

Any Ideas.  Bad Box?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: Need help with HDMI Error Messages. H-1005-HDCP

View profileLanshark5

Could be the STB, the cable or the TV/STB interface not compatible.

One poster reported solving the problem with a shorter cable. This also covers when the cable has an open.

What is your TV model? Have you checked on reports against the TV?

Do you have another TV that works? Try swapping STBs then cables to see where the problem goes or stays.

The only sure fix is to change to component. This is often looked down on, but, in reality has no downside. In fact, it probably provdes a more consistent picture.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my TV.  It will work for a while then all of a sudden I would get the message no signal.  This went on a few days no signal and then I would get a signal for a month or more and then it will stop again.  I finally just decided to leave the TV connected with component cables.  The picture looks just a good as HDMI and I do not have a problem with this issue.  All other HDMI connections work fine.  It is just the one to the Uverse Receiver.  As I said use components and everything works fine and I do not see a different in picture or sound.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Ok, I'll give it a try. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I unplugged everywire and plugged in again.  No error in over a week.  Lets hope it is fixed.

I will advise if it happens again.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support