anitapat's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 3:51 PM

Interactive feature for on-demand

The new interactive feature for on-demand recordings is so much slower and provides less information than the old listings. I tried to contact U-verse TV, but they make is near impossible to make comments. Is anyone out the from AT&T U-verse listening? This new feature is not as useful or user friendly.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

anitapat....Once you get to the on demand and arrow down to premium press ok.  Then on the bar on the left you will see something that looks like a tic-tac-toe with arrows in a circle with abc.  See the 3rd pic down.  Arrow down to that and once it's highlighted press ok.  Now you will be back to a list view.  Not exactly the same as it used ot be but it operates, or better resembles, the way it used to be.  Much faster to find what you want.  Once you see the name of the movie highlight it press ok and the discription of the move comes up.  It's much faster than the tile view that is the default.

Here are some pics for those who have not seen the new format:

OD1.JPG

OD2.JPG

OD3.JPG

OD4.JPG

4 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Here are some pics from the list view:

LV1.JPG

LV2.JPG

LV3.JPG

LV4.JPG

4 Attachments

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

anitapat - How do you get to the interactive version? Press Go interactive? Never press go interactive unless it is nap time.

Maybe when processing power is increased ten fold it might work. When you are used to instant response from browser activity or channel changing, the time interactive takes is unacceptable.

Why are you using this method instead of the "standard" method?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

aviewer.......the on demand has changed from the way it used to be.  It looks more like a GUI interface.  It does this even if you select the "premium" selection to get to HBO, Cinamax, Showtime, etc.

The minute you select the "premium" selction you get the dredded spinning circle in the lower right hand corner.  Then you have to arrow over to get to HBO and twice to get to HBO HD.  Then if you selct HBO HD it will bring up "tiles" of the front cover of each movie the you have to arrow over to the movie and press "ok" and then the discription comes up after the spinning circle quits.

I did find a way to speed things up a bit by selecting the ABC icon.  This goes back to a list type presentation rather than the tiles for each individual movie.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

aviewer.......the on demand has changed from the way it used to be.  It looks more like a GUI interface.  It does this even if you select the "premium" selection to get to HBO, Cinamax, Showtime, etc.

The minute you select the "premium" selction you get the dredded spinning circle in the lower right hand corner.  Then you have to arrow over to get to HBO and twice to get to HBO HD.  Then if you selct HBO HD it will bring up "tiles" of the front cover of each movie the you have to arrow over to the movie and press "ok" and then the discription comes up after the spinning circle quits.

I did find a way to speed things up a bit by selecting the ABC icon.  This goes back to a list type presentation rather than the tiles for each individual movie.

It almost makes me wonder why U-Verse doesn't ask subscribers to test out features, side by side before implementing.  I have beta tested before and I'm sure that willing subscribers (both Aces and non) would love to help.  Often major companies will spring new features on a few "unwittings" and play it by ear to see if there are any issues while other big companies just trust their developers and in house testing crew.  Lastly some companies do public and private betas.  i wish ythat AT&T did the latter.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

I guess I did not get that update yet in New Haven CT. I do not get a spinning circle - just getting videos.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Ace-wizard- Unfortunately when I press the video on demand button on my remote, which is the way I have always accessed the on demand options, it now starts up this interactive feature. I wish there was some way to get to the old listings of the videos on demand. I just recently began having this show up when I was looking for movies on demand, like since the 1st of February. I live in Austin, Tx-so maybe AT&T U-verse is trying out this feature in certain market areas. Your lucky if if don't have to deal with this slowed down process.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Looks like netflix or amazon prime on my roku. I just checked through my slingbox I don't have that update yet.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

OU..maybe a DVR and STB re-boot?  That's when I noticed it.  I reset all mine to get the memory allocation change and and now have this for on demand.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I'll try that tonight when I get home

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.