Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I watch TV and recorded shows on my laptop?

Contributor

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I watch TV and recorded shows on my laptop?

For viewing your dvr's recorded programs you don't.  ATT has never supported viewing your dvr's recorded programs on a laptop.  You used to be able to manage (schedule, delete) the dvr with a laptop but now you can only do that with the uverse app.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Professor

Sorry to say it has never been possible to watch recorded programs from the DVR on a laptop.

Live TV cannot be watched via any uverse app or website. Streaming live TV may be possible depending on the network broadcaster by downloading their app if available, or more easily from their website. Bookmark the page to your start menu for easier repeated access. Your uverse credentials will be required when off of your home network.

75/20 Mbps VDSL2 connected Arris BGW210 gateway in IP Passthrough to Orbi RBK50 in Router mode

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Mentor

you don't. this all ended when at&t took live streaming off computers and now only on devices i.e. phone, tablet...

Message 4 of 8
Mentor

You don't. This ended when AT&T moved all streaming to devices like tablets and phone and left computers without a way to view loyal Uverse TV members without a way to view TV on the laptops. Though they are still paying the same as they were when they could view TV on their laptops.

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-22-2017 6:32 AM

@Nail56 wrote:

Recorded shows?  You can't and never could.

Watch TV on laptop?  You can't since live streaming is now only available using the app.

For specifics and clarity, check HERE

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I have not found a way to watch my recorded shows from my DVR to my Windows laptop, but I'm streaming live TV to my laptop right now via the DirecTV website.

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

@Ozymandius wrote:

I have not found a way to watch my recorded shows from my DVR to my Windows laptop, but I'm streaming live TV to my laptop right now via the DirecTV website.

This is the Uverse TV forum.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support