Dazoli's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Friday, June 13th, 2014 5:49 AM

HBOgo

We pay for HBO, Showtime etc. we use the HBOgo app, Showtime anytime app, etc so when we travel we can still watch our shows.

Now if we connect through someone else's AT&T wifi, we are unable to log into our hbogo unless they also have an HBO subscription.

Part of the reason we pay for the subscription is the versatility of being able to watch shows while we travel for work and play. Denying access to a paid subscriber is not right and I want to know why this has changed all of a sudden and if this is how it is going to stay? We have our cell plan (two smart phones), internet and tv service through AT&T but I have no qualms about switching providers of any and all services to get the services I signed up for and not have them changed without any warning.

What I use internet for is none of your business and blocking my use of these subscriptions because of the internet portal I am on is akin to censorship.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

UVERSE ATT TV APp

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Yes. I know how it works. That's how I know it quit working. My daughter is in SF visiting my sister for the entire summer. My sister has At&t internet but no tv. My daughter cannot watch HBOgo with our subscription because the internet is blocking her from even being able to log in. She receives a message stating "this AT&T account does not have an HBO subscription" and will not even let her make it to the log in screen.

I called AT&T the other day. He wanted to speak with my daughter. Gave him the number. She wasn't available. He said he'd call us both back. Yeah, right. That didn't happen.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about the inconveniences with the HBOGo App. We are aware of the issue and are working towards getting this resolved.

If you are trying to access HBO at another location with U-verse and that user is not subscribed to HBO, you will not be able to access it. We are working towards getting this fixed.

If you are at a different location with U-verse that has HBO or at a location that does not have U-verse, you can get around the error by doing the following:

• If using a laptop or PC - Clear the Cache and Cookies. Close and reopen the browser and try again. 
  • On a mobile device or 3rd party device with the HBOGo App - Uninstall and reinstall the app, at the different location

-David T

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

And how will I know when you have fixed this problem?

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

When we do receive any news on this issue, we will definitely keep you posted and update this thread.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know, and I will be glad to help.

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Is there an approx. eta when this will be resolved? Days, months?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Been going on for months and I've reported it numerous times. This is the first response I've gotten since June? July? Can't even remember how long ago. Hopefully they get it quickly.

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

There is no current ETA, but we are working on getting this issue fixed and will update this thread.

-David T

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

How hard can it be to just simply turn off the proxy function that is automatically attempting to log users in when accessing over a U-verse internet connection... Just REMOVE the feature! And just require users to log-in to their HBOGo account, no matter what internet connection they find themselves on.  It seems so asinine that paying customers have lost basic functionality of a service we're paying for, for the what? Convenience of not having to log-in every time? In what world does that make sense, or is that customer-centric in nature... That has to be the reason ATT has decided to implement this approach... I can't fathom that ATT thought this would be a solution to what I'll call "password" sharing, because it doesn't even serve to limit the sharing of passwords as long as you're not accessing it over a U-verse (non-subscriber) network... So why was this feature introduced in the first place? 

Because I distinctly remember having to log-in each time I wanted access to my HBO Go account even when I was accessing it on my own home network, about a year and a half ago. So clearly that was a better system than what we have now-- I would much rather deal with the headache of having to input my UN and PW each and every time than to be without access to a paid service.

Like when I was housesitting for a week. And they didn't have HBO. But they had U-verse internet. And I couldn't watch a single thing... FOR SOMETHING I PAY FOR. Ridiculous. You should pay us all for our time and money wasted... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have two AT&T accounts, one with Internet and Uverse TV and one with only internet.  I was having the same problem as everyone else on this posting.  I finally got around the ip address issue by using remote access to my computer at my home that has both interent and uverse tv.

I used Parrallels app on my iPad to access my home comupter and then I launched my explorer browser on my home comupter and went to the hbogo activation web page and selected my AT&T provider and was able to activate my hbogo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.