Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Free Data on an Amazon Fire TV

Highlighted
Tutor

Free Data on an Amazon Fire TV

Data Free Streaming documentation says that Amazon Fire TV is one of the allowed platforms to run the U-Verse app.  Since the Fire TV has only WiFi as a network source, how should I configure my network to forward an LTE stream to a Fire TV?

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: Free Data on an Amazon Fire TV

You Can't.  Amazon Fire TV does not work on mobile data.  Uverse and Amazon as far as I know do not have any agreement.

Message 2 of 6
Tutor

Thanks for the blunt response.  The problem is that the ATT Free Data documentation specifically calls out the Fire TV as an acceptable device.  I assume the authors know that Fire TV doesn't handle wireless data in its native mode.  I would assume that they envision some sort of an intermedidate component, such as a modem/router to generate a WiFi signal e.g. a hot spot or even the ATT Wireless Home phone/internet product.  

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

@JackDog wrote:

Thanks for the blunt response.  The problem is that the ATT Free Data documentation specifically calls out the Fire TV as an acceptable device.  ...

Can you direct us to where it shows that?   I can understand that it shows it as an supported device for DIRECTV NOW operation, I'm looking for where it says this device will be on the Data Free TV plan. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Tutor

In AT&T Support:

(Support > U-verse TV > Channels, programming & settings > TV Everywhere > Mobile apps & TV on-the-go > Discover the U-verse app)

Under Discover the U-verse app:

Download the app to a compatible device

Get the free U-verse app from the App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon app store. The app is compatible with:

iPhone®, iPad®, or iTouch® (iOS 9.3 and above)

Apple Watch®

Android® smartphones and tablets (OS 4.1 and above)

Android wearables (Android Wear OS)

Amazon Fire TV devices

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JackDog
‎07-25-2018 1:41 PM

@JackDog wrote:

In AT&T Support:

(Support > U-verse TV > Channels, programming & settings > TV Everywhere > Mobile apps & TV on-the-go > Discover the U-verse app)

Under Discover the U-verse app:

Download the app to a compatible device

Get the free U-verse app from the App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon app store. The app is compatible with:

iPhone®, iPad®, or iTouch® (iOS 9.3 and above)

Apple Watch®

Android® smartphones and tablets (OS 4.1 and above)

Android wearables (Android Wear OS)

Amazon Fire TV devices

Yes, this says the the "free U-verse app" (i.e. free in that you do not pay to get the app) "is compatible with ... Amazon Fire TV devices".  I do not see anywhere that it says that the data is free on any of these platforms.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support