scarmorasu's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 26th, 2014 7:15 PM

Easy remote application doesn't wotk with router behind router configuration

Hello,

I wanted to consolidate all my Wi-Fi devices and my u-verse set-top-box behind my own router, an ASUS AC66U.

I reconfigured the 2Wire 3801HGV RG to enable the router-behind-router event notification, then disabled the Wi-Fi and configured the IP address allocation to give my router a public IP.

On the router I just enabled the proper Ethernet port for IPTV (I think this is needed for proper IP multicast), then I connected the u-verse set-top-box to my ASUS router, rebooted all the devices and everything worked like a charm.

The problem is the Easy Remote app running on my Android phone. Before my changes I had it woking with no problems. After the changes above my phone can't find the set-top-box anymore, event though they are on the same network (my ASUS router LAN).

Any ideas?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

scarmorasu - You picked it up & it does not work any more or You cannot pair it on channel 9301?

You say the STB and phone are on the same network, but is it the u-verse network or is it a different network than the rest of the u-verse devices?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Before my changes I had the STB connected to the 2Wire and my phone connected to the 2Wire WiFi. I went to channel 9301 and paired them. Easy remote worked fine at that point.

After my changes the STB is connected to my own ASUS router and my phone to the ASUS router WiFi. I turned off the 2Wire's WiFi. TV stilll works fine which tells the connection is ok. Easy remote on my phone can't find the STB anymore. If I go to channel 9301 my phone is still listed as an enabled device.

I guess I need to configure my router to allow some traffic between the stb and my phone so that the latter can discover the first.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

scarmorasu - I have noticed that devices do stay on the enabled list, but I am not sure that all the bases are covered. I would try redoing that step before reworking the router connections.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I tried going to channel 9301, selected Connection Mode Disabled then Default. My phone still can't see the stb.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi did you ever get this resolved.  I am in a similar situation and would like this to work

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

7 years ago

I tried an ASUS GT-AC5300 in access point mode.  Could see the U-verse gateway and navigate to 192.168.1.254 on the same subnet in a browser.  Even though I was on the same subnet the U-verse app couldn't see the gateway.  I've read around and it appears ASUS blocks Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) which is needed for the U-verse app to see the gateway and set top boxes. Returned that router for the Netgear Nighthawk X8 AC5300 and the U-verse app works fine with it in access point mode. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.