tracy_sipe's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Monday, November 21st, 2011 5:40 PM

ATT Mobile Remote iPhone App Locked Out

I have read that several other users have been locked out from accessing Uverse TV web remote through the iPhone application.  This has happened to me as well.  This occurred because of entering the wrong password too many times.  I have since changed my password and reinstalled the app on the iPhone.  I can gain Web Remote access throught the website with the new password but the application STILL SAYS, "Your account has been locked do to multiple failed login attempts. Please call customer support for assistance."  I have called TWICE now and spent over an hour trying to fix this.  Noone seems to know what to do.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

SOLUTION FOUND !!!

Even thought there is no real fix so far this one works.

You have to create a new sub account:

1. Log in to ATT.com.

2. Click on myAT&T tab

3. Select Profile - Manage Sub Accounts

On this page click Add a Sub Account.

Not sure if have to or not but I chose to give this sub account full access.

After I was notified by ATT that the sub account was set up.  I used it to log in to the Mobile Remote iPhone App.

Good luck,

Tracy

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Glad you found something that worked. Smiley Wink  Good job!

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

12 years ago

FANTASTIC!! I also had this problem yesterday and spent 15 minutes on the phone today with an ATT support person who appeared in a desperate rush and would not even give me a chance to explain the problem. Then... told me that maybe the website was down because he could not get in and so try again later. I kept wondering if maybe he wanted to get back to the Olympics coverage...?

However, your solution worked like a charm - so a HUGE thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

So I spent a hour on the phone with them and they pawned me off to AT&T wireless....  I have Verizon but they still said they deal with the apps... That is crap. This solution works but I wish someone from AT&T would fix this issue because it is one more thing to keep up with and severely irritates me (they don'tallow the word that starts with p). 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have this same problem!~  It is very frustrating especially since their answer is they don't have tech support for the apps. Seriously? You provide the app and then don't provide support for it? and it is setup to lock you out???  Very aggravating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Worked like a charm.  You're a genius.  Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.