For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
roberson_ac's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 5:29 PM

3rd Party Apps Do Not Work For Me

Hello, please help me.  For starters, I have tried tech support via phone and chat.  Each rep just flat out did not understand the problem.  They went through their scripts as expected, asking me to reboot and try again.  I was even asked to reinstall the apps.  I have over 10 years of experience in IT/Software Engineering, so imagine the patience I had to exercise in going through those preliminary steps time after time, right?  Well anyway, I hung up on the phone support after going through way too much trouble to get them to understand the problem.  And chat support, after thinking the problem was with my Uverse box, decided to reboot my router unexpectedly, which, of course ended the chat session.  My anger has since then receded to hopeless sadness and woe, leaving a bitter taste in my mouth that is reminiscent of failure and sadness.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  So, the problem is that 3rd party apps are not recognizing that the channels are a part of my package.  For instance, the Nick Jr App asks me to log in with my provider to verify that Nick Jr is part of my package (the 300 package).  It then gives me an error saying that Nick Jr is not part of my package.  Same thing happens to all 3rd party network apps.  This problem arises across all platforms (computer, mobile devices, Amazon Firestick, etc).

I saw that the problem has been resolved for another user some time ago here:  https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-TV-Apps/TV-apps-not-working-with-uverse/td-p/4186533/page/2  .  I believe something along the lines of syncing the user's account fixed the problem.  Can someone help me with this issue?

Oh, and also, the U-verse app does not let me log in on my mobile device.  It says that the service is unavailable or something like that.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks to the Social Media Manager "Tony", my problem was resolved.  I have had this problem for a very long time.  Years, I mean.  No one was able to help me with it.  Tony, however, found out that the problem was rather simple.  My registration online had not yet been completed.  I just had to go to att.com/uverse to continue registration there and then voila!  The apps work now.  Thanks, Tony.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My phone was paid off on September 30th 2016 now I want unlock code, it's showing I still owe the payment, please check for me, before my phone under business name Baifu limited liability co. Account number 287254074259. Please check it. Thank you!

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

It's probably not wise to post account numbers openly on the forum. It's best to PM it to an ATT employee if necessary.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having a similar problem with my ATT/DirecTV services not syncing properly, resulting in me not being able to ever log in to DirecTV for the past 18 months. Still not resolved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I cannot access the nick jr app for my kids. I see that I have the subscription but keep getting non subscription error through the nick jr app.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It may be the device you are using.  Try a different device.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Was able to access Disney Now app when had Directtv, but soon as switch to Uverse can npt access any longer. Remived and re installed several times had disney try to help and Att   Get Code 012-1201-074 and a no access to Disney junior, disney xd even though I have all these channels.  HELP

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I need Tony to contact me. I literally spent hours on the phone with India and finally got a US rep on the phone who told me that the 3rd party app services is down with no expected ETA to resolve. My brother, who is also a Uverse suvscriver says his is working fine and he is able to login with out issue. Folks obviously do not know what they are talking about, and need substantially better training. This is still unresolved for me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I just got the same message.  Outage with no eta of resolution.  Very frustrating.  If not resolved within the next week, I think this may be the motivation I need to finally cut the cord.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I noticed this post is from months ago but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it with the current problem of using the 3rd party apps?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.