Explore & discover

Helpful Links

uverse vacation hold issue

Contributor

uverse vacation hold issue

I requested my uverse services be put on vacation hold back in june until september i received a confirmation email stating my services were put on vacaion hold. At the same time i had received a new wireless gateway due to having the red broadband kpkight which made none of y services work. I installed the new one but the same thing was going on; ive yet to get that figured out. So anyways, i assumed that i would only have to pay the hold fees which i was fine with, but come september i received another email addressed to "Michubi" (my name is alexandra) stating i was denied vacation hold because my account was one of three things: 1) not opened for a year yet, 2) had already requested 2 holds in the same year, 3) the request was for more than 6 months. My account didnt fall into any of those categories. My balance is currently $548 and my account is now suspended. Ive been an at&t customer since they were bellsouth/cingular wireless. They want me to send back my tv boxes and other equipment. I want to keep my accout and services but dont feel obligated to pay since it isnt my fault. What can i do?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: uverse vacation hold issue

Have you tried calling billing (800-288-2020) to iron this out?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I did. I used their chat option first and then someone from the loyalty department called me and said bc their section was closed for the day he would out the request in and id hear from them by this monday via email but its thursday and i havent heard a thing. I feel as if i should be credited because they can see i havent had any usage with my internet or home phone since mid may due to my gateway not working and my assumption that my account was on vacation hold.

[Edited to correct a formatting issue.]

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

Yes, retentions and billing only work during normal working hours and not on weekends.  I wouldn't wait.  I just call (I don't like chat) retentions (since they called you that one time) or billing.  Say "retentions" or "billing" as you navigate down the 800-288-2020 phone tree.  That way at least you got someone's attention at the time of call that may be able t make decisions.  You should also ask for a "job number", "ticket number", or whatever they call it so that there's a record of the discussion.  Also on followup calls you give them that number and they can easily refer to the notes for your account.  You don't have to explain yourself again and there's a record of the previous interactions.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Employee

To place an account on vacation hold,  the account must be up to date with no unpaid balance.  

Did you return the original  gateway right away to a UPS store front?..  Have just a few days to return.

Did you save the tracking info and verified gateway received?

If not returned,  billed $150 for non returned equipment which makes the account have an unpaid balance denying the vacation hold.  With no vacation hold in place,  regular charges continue.  As unpaid over a couple months account would be first suspended then cancelled.  

That likely explains what happened,  to restore account need to be brought up to date.  If account is already cancelled,  may have to set up a new accoubt/install. Possible charge a $449 non returnable management fee to establish service if have an unpaid/unresolved balance. 

Not saying what is,  only what is possible. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6
Employee

A question.... 

You had tv service,  internet,  and home phone,  the vacation hold is $5 per month per service....  Did you not login into your account at any time over the 4 months to pay the monthly vacation hold? Did you not see the billing increasing each month and call or chat concerning the monthly charges?

Hopefully you did not think you did not have to pay anything between June and September. Monthly charges occuring means monthly payments needing to be made to maintain the vacation hold.  Thus you paid at least $15 plus any fees/taxes due each month correct?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support