Get the myAT&T app
alliew2010's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 12th, 2017 2:29 AM

uverse vacation hold issue

I requested my uverse services be put on vacation hold back in june until september i received a confirmation email stating my services were put on vacaion hold. At the same time i had received a new wireless gateway due to having the red broadband kpkight which made none of y services work. I installed the new one but the same thing was going on; ive yet to get that figured out. So anyways, i assumed that i would only have to pay the hold fees which i was fine with, but come september i received another email addressed to "Michubi" (my name is alexandra) stating i was denied vacation hold because my account was one of three things: 1) not opened for a year yet, 2) had already requested 2 holds in the same year, 3) the request was for more than 6 months. My account didnt fall into any of those categories. My balance is currently $548 and my account is now suspended. Ive been an at&t customer since they were bellsouth/cingular wireless. They want me to send back my tv boxes and other equipment. I want to keep my accout and services but dont feel obligated to pay since it isnt my fault. What can i do?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Have you tried calling billing (800-288-2020) to iron this out?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I did. I used their chat option first and then someone from the loyalty department called me and said bc their section was closed for the day he would out the request in and id hear from them by this monday via email but its thursday and i havent heard a thing. I feel as if i should be credited because they can see i havent had any usage with my internet or home phone since mid may due to my gateway not working and my assumption that my account was on vacation hold.

[Edited to correct a formatting issue.]

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, retentions and billing only work during normal working hours and not on weekends.  I wouldn't wait.  I just call (I don't like chat) retentions (since they called you that one time) or billing.  Say "retentions" or "billing" as you navigate down the 800-288-2020 phone tree.  That way at least you got someone's attention at the time of call that may be able t make decisions.  You should also ask for a "job number", "ticket number", or whatever they call it so that there's a record of the discussion.  Also on followup calls you give them that number and they can easily refer to the notes for your account.  You don't have to explain yourself again and there's a record of the previous interactions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.