uverse program guide

Can I still pre-record shows using  my computer

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Yes you should be able to schedule UVerse recordings from the computer. Click here to access the Web Access.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

ehe1433 - The COAX (analog ch3), composite,component, HDMI & S-video outputs of the STB can usually be recorded. May be copy protected.

Cannot record direct from line. Need IR blaster to control STB or manual control.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I used to be able to open the program guide, search for upcoming programs & schedule them to be recorded. Using the remote is cumbersome.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

ehe1433 - By "used to" you mean with a previous provider where you were capturing the raw signal off the cable using guide software in the computer??

To replicate that you need an IR blaster with software that displays the U-verse channel map. You schedule using the computer guide software. At the appropriate time it turns on the STB and tunes the channel (via the IR blaster) to play into the computer.

An alternative is to schedule the recordings on the U-verse guide. After recording them Play them into the computer. Do you need shortcuts on the guide? When the guide is up press the enter button (bottom right) Also, the chan up/down jumps a page p/down.

If you want to search for individual shows there is a serch under menu.

Mentor

• 

99 Messages

The search dosen't find all the sreies. it only pionts out on demand. Also when looking for more show times in info. it can't find all of episodes.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@ehe1433 wrote:
I used to be able to open the program guide, search for upcoming programs & schedule them to be recorded. Using the remote is cumbersome.

You get the same GUI on the Guide and the Web Remote, so neither has an advantage over the other.  Only good thing about the Web Remote is you can do it on your smartphone too. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

No. With Uverse - had it for years

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Short cut to the guide'URL?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yay!!!!!!!! Thank you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.