For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
pettygirl45's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 26th, 2015 2:54 AM

u-verse internet installation

Decided to upgrade from the dsl to the u-verse so we can watch Netflicks on our smart tv. I was at work, so disabled hubby let the installer in and the installer asked where we wanted it installed. My husband told him in the den by the desktop pc...the installer did NOT want to put it there, so he talked hubby into putting it in one of our front bedrooms-on the other end of the house from our den/pc...so I called tech support and asked how am I supposed to connect my pc to the modem? Matt, the tech, said I could either-have the installer come out and move it (and pay $150), run an ethernet wire from the modem to the pc, get a wireless adapter or cancel and return the modem...I believe they should come out and move it with no cost to me..but when I mentioned that to Matt, he said they couldn't do that nor would they provide the adaptor.

Does anyone think we can get them to rectify this or should we just cancel it and go with cable internet?

Thanx for all the advise!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

When the service was installed they put it in my kitchen above the desk and said it was the only place they could put it.  We are having new cabinets installed and need the small box that comes from the outside moved only a few inches.  Don't see why this should be a $149 charge.  Please let me know what I can do.   Thank you

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.