Get the myAT&T app
Vanessa51's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 19th, 2014 2:56 PM

the rewards visa gift cards for signing up

I had my uverse wireless/wifi set up on August 11, here it is September 19, I received my reward letter and it stated that the reward card was being processed on September 11, I was told after 30 days I will receive the gift card, it is now September 19, what is going on, I am not going to wait no 8 or 9 weeks, just like I have a certain date and time to pay my bills, same for ATT?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I got the two $100 dollar promotional gift cards but never received the $50 one, the promotion was supposed to be $250. How would I find out where that one is?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been calling AT&T and DirecTV since we signed up in January. We never received a card to redeem our $200 gift card they promised and verified that we qualified for. Each time I called they said that I qualified but they couldn't find it. They told me to be patient and wait. I was told to call back in a couple weeks. Well now it's been several months and the rebate center tells me it's past 120 days so I'm no longer eligible. Tonight I was sent from customer service (who told me I am entitled to a visa gift card but only the reward center can help) to the rewards center (who said it's too late, but billing might be able to give me a bill credit instead) to billing (who said they couldn't do anything and kept wanting to transfer me back to the rebate center) and everyone tried to send me somewhere else because their hands were tied and even their managers could do nothing. I got so flustered by the last person having been on the phone for almost two hours that I started crying and having a panic attack. Thanks a lot AT&T. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. You shouldn't be able to scam people this way and get away with it over and over.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Leslievest,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to look into this. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

We will get back to you as soon as possible via email. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I received my rewards card as promised but it expired before I could use it all. $100 card and only got to use $47.88. I realize you need a time frame but some of us have to plan ahead for our budjet. I am trying to get social security disability and have no income. I was going to use the card for gas purchases on my only outing (mini vacation) this year so I could afford to go. Looks like now I might have to stay home due to AT&T and their card expiration dates. Thanks Michael

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm highly upset with this scam! i never got a letter or my reward card. When I moved and transferred service, I was told I would get a $300 gift card. After a month went by contacted ATT and they said "No it's $100 gift card and free transfer of service - but here's a website you can check your status on". So I go on the site, find all these comments and of course it won't pull up my redemption. I am beyond upset with ATT. I should have stuck with my gut instinct and cancelled them when I moved!! Thanks ATT for lying to your customers.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@paperloot wrote:

I received my rewards card as promised but it expired before I could use it all. $100 card and only got to use $47.88. I realize you need a time frame but some of us have to plan ahead for our budjet. I am trying to get social security disability and have no income. I was going to use the card for gas purchases on my only outing (mini vacation) this year so I could afford to go. Looks like now I might have to stay home due to AT&T and their card expiration dates. Thanks Michael

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

@paperloot   On the paper the reward card was glued to warned you about the quick expiration (2-3 months) and use it before it does expire.

Some users have bought Visa gift cards w/the reward card for a long expiration.  If you'd came here and ask about it, I'd tell you.

I've received all 4 rewards over the years as I came here (when it was Utalk) to find out about the reward system before even applying for my getting Uverse TV/Internet reward, a $200 check in 2008. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Well, it seems like my story is the same as everyone else's.  I signed up for service in February, so in May I started calling regarding the reward card.  I was told it was on its way and have been told that every time I have called since.  I still don't have the card.  I had a stroke in November and need to use the chat feature so that I can be understood.  However, conveniently, when you click on "chat" it is a blank screen.  I am very upset.  What if all of their customers paid their bills the same way they fulfilled their obligations or promises.  They wouldn't be in business for very long.  If I do not receive my rebate as promised, I will take legal action.  My life is hard enough without problems like this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.