Get the myAT&T app
weimardog's profile

Scholar

• 

141 Messages

Sunday, March 31st, 2013 4:17 AM

television slow response time

In the last couple of weeks, my television response time have slowed.  For example, when it push the recorded tv, erase, play or another other operation that requires a change, it takes from 3 to 4 seconds for a response.  In the past, I have had this problem, but only late at night.  I have replaced the batteries and unplugged the recorder, numerous times, and it does not seem to make any difference. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The problem began immediately after Uverse changed to their new ON DEMAND menu. It's terrible! I don't want to do it, but I feel forced to change companies now. If ATT plans on going back to the old system, they better speak up and let us know fast as all of my neighbors are also saying they're making a switch and very unhappy with the changes Uverse has made.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@Brooklyn Hudson wrote:

The problem began immediately after Uverse changed to their new ON DEMAND menu. It's terrible! I don't want to do it, but I feel forced to change companies now. If ATT plans on going back to the old system, they better speak up and let us know fast as all of my neighbors are also saying they're making a switch and very unhappy with the changes Uverse has made.

After the 1st right arrow push, look for 3 small icons in the left border, the bottom one will turn it back to a list version,  Then do a restart of the DVR for quickest use of VOD. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Was having the same problem.

Found a solution on one of the forums.  (Long story has to do with inefficient memory utilitization in DVR.  I think this causes a reboot of the DVR and cleans things up.)

1. Pull the power plug on the ATT router (NOT the DVR, the router).

2. NOW pull the power plug on the DVR.

3. Plug the power cord back into the router.

4. AFTER the router is completely up (e.g., your internet connection or phone works again), THEN plug the power cord back into the DVR.

5. NOW try the Menus for the OnDemand feature.  Hopefully they will respond MUCH faster.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@btcarnovale wrote:

Was having the same problem.

Found a solution on one of the forums.  (Long story has to do with inefficient memory utilitization in DVR.  I think this causes a reboot of the DVR and cleans things up.)

1. Pull the power plug on the ATT router (NOT the DVR, the router).

2. NOW pull the power plug on the DVR.

3. Plug the power cord back into the router.

4. AFTER the router is completely up (e.g., your internet connection or phone works again), THEN plug the power cord back into the DVR.

5. NOW try the Menus for the OnDemand feature.  Hopefully they will respond MUCH faster.

You might think the reboot of the RG did it, but it was most likely unnecessary.  It's a memory problem on the DVR that gets cleared up when it's rebooted.   But if you want to spend time rebooting the RG, go ahead. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This worked for me: 1) electrical tape over IR sensor and 2) change RF Remote Home ID, per user guide.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thanks -- I tried packing tape, since I did not have the type of duct tape you mentioned, and it worked immediately. 

I'll have to try the antenna especially on the remote to our bedroom TV.  The signal is alway weak back here mainly because it's the farthest from the main equipment.

Thanks again.  Working alot better still after 10 minutes or so.

Supersil

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.