Highlighted
Contributor

how do i get low cost cable with food stamps

i am trying to find discounted service for food stamp customers

Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how do i get low cost cable with food stamps

If your in a Cox serviced area check this out...

https://www.cox.com/aboutus/cox-in-the-community/connect2compete.html

Also this page...

http://everyoneon.org

Tags (2)
Message 2 of 14
Employee

For low cost internet service....

If your in an area serviced by ATT and your address can receive at least 3M internet service.

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/index.html

Follow the link above to check your address, apply online, and read the FAQ section.

No discounts on tv service other than new customer promotions.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 14
Contributor

How can I get cable TV being on food stamps

Message 4 of 14
Contributor

I don't see nothing

Message 5 of 14
ACE - Expert

@Peggyl Check HERE for information on the Access program.

*note to self:  Pay attention to details!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 14
Employee

cable tv is entertainment  not a necessity internet has gone from entertainment to a necessity due to more schools requiring online school curriculum. so i dont think you can get discounted cable tv due to being on food stamps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 14
Employee

@Peggyl

There is no low cost tv service for individual on foot stamps. The ACCESS program is for low cost internet service.

The tv package would pay the same as anyone else based on package select.

The least expensive is Ubasic, $19 a month with SD local channels, non DVR receivers. Has a $99 installation fee

Add HD channels for $10 

Add DVR for $15 or additional receivers $10 each.

Has below line fees...

Local Broadcast $5.99 

Plus your local Franchise fee charged by your community government

Plus your local/state sales tax.

Therefore a TV package for (2) TVs with DVR and HD channels....

$19+$15 (DVR)+ $10 (HD)=$44 plus fees/taxes (estimate $15) would be around $60 a month ($2 a day) for the tv package and a $99 Installation charge.

Could consider the Ufamily ALL INCLUDED TV promo package 12 months discount to $40 then full price ($81) after 12 months.

* NO install fee (saving $99) 

* Includes DVR (saves $15)

* Includes HD channels (saves $10)

* Extra receivers are $10 each.

* Has same fees/taxes.

For same example as Ubasic was 2 TV's will use same 2 TV's.

Ufamily ALL INCLUDED $40

Extra receiver $10

Total $50

Add fees/taxes, same $15 estimate

$65 a month for 12 months then around $105-$110 after 12 months.

So choices would be Ubasic for $60 *12 = $720 plus $99 install fee = $819 1st year. Pricing continues second year for another $720... Two year total around $1539.

Or more channels with Ufamily for $65*12 = $780 1st year with no install fee. 2nd year would be about $41 more per month + extra sales tax on $41 or $108 for $1296

2nd year. Two year total $2076.

Or buy an antenna for whatever local channels the antenna could receive.

Another option once have internet is to consider DirecTv Now, a streaming service... Price varies based on package selected.

Message 8 of 14
Contributor

How can I Get A Discount on Cable If I Am On Food Stamps

Message 9 of 14
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎06-07-2018 12:36 PM

No low cost cable TV. 

Low cost internet only.  Click -->HERE<-- for more information.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 14
Contributor

I saw on TV the 3 channels I can get to come in with a antenna that if you get public  assistance like food stamps At&t can help? I lost my job after 15yrs can you help?

Message 11 of 14
Employee

See posts 3 and 10 in this thread about link to apply for low cost internet if meet the qualifications...

Reside at an address that can receive ATT hardwired internet services is the first of several that need to be met...

Message 12 of 14
Employee

Over the air local Chanel’s are free.  Antennas are around 20 bucks but all over the air programming is hi definition these days to you have to have an he tv or purchase a separate he tuner. Att cannot help with this and they don’t have or supply over the air antennas I would ask the social services people if there are any programs available. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
Message 13 of 14
ACE - Expert

@Katlyn wrote:

I saw on TV the 3 channels I can get to come in with a antenna that if you get public  assistance like food stamps At&t can help? I lost my job after 15yrs can you help?

AT&T has an assistance program for INTERNET, not TV.

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support