For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
katkel76's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 1st, 2017 7:21 PM

Closed

Do I return my cords with my equipment?

I am getting ready to send off the equipment from our home.  In the return letter is says nothing about the cords and large box.  Only the small receiver box.  Do I just trash everything else?  I don't want to receive a bill down the road for the other stuff.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

you need to send all the cords back with the equipment

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

6 years ago

Simply gather the power cords together with the unit and take them to the nearest UPS Store.  They will package and send it for you at no charge.  Because of the numerous requests they have, they might consolidate your package with others.  If this happens, you won't be able to track it.  You have 21 days.  ATT will notify you when received.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

About the only thing you don't have to send back are ethernet cables, cables to connect your tv, remotes, backup batteries. 

See here and here for return equipment info.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@chiefdore

ATT will notify you when received

When did they start doing that?   I have never been notified.  Even in the days when I had a UPS tracking number I would call tech support to make sure the returns were recorded in my account a day or two after I saw the stuff was returned.   Now with this UPS consolidation method that's being used I have to guess about how long it takes UPS to finally even send the stuff out (I guess a week).  So I wait about 2 weeks and then call to verify the stuff made it back. 

This consolidation scheme means users should not wait too long to ship stuff back since that 21-day clock does not stop when you ship the stuff but when ATT acknowledges the stuff was returned and recorded for your account.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

6 years ago

I received a phone call at 4 a.m. last week.  After repeatedly being told I would receive an email notifying me.  I think the call was from overseas.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Ok, maybe its something new. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I’m writing this for my father. He received the letter to return the equipment he leased the other day.

My father went back to Japan 5 years ago and he already returned all the equipment he leased from you before he left. Please check it again and update his data.

I can give you his personal information(account #, name, address) if you give me a contact email address.

Thank you!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

@ako555

this is a customer forum not at&t or direct tv you will need to call them or click on the contact us button at the bottom of the page

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I’m sorry I was at the wrong place.
Thank you for your help!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

Old thread.  Question answered.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.