Explore & discover

Helpful Links

can i still keep my comcast internet router and my phone servers with comcast yes or no

Highlighted
Mentor

can i still keep my comcast internet router and my phone servers with comcast yes or no

can i still keep my comcast internet router and my phone servers with comcast because DIRECTV don't do internet servers and phone servers yes or no.

Message 1 of 5
Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Expert)
Accepted by peds48
‎01-24-2016 12:24 PM

Re: can i still keep my comcast internet router and my phone servers with comcast yes or no

Absolutely!  If you have a TV in same location as your modem/router, you will need a separate coax for your DIRECTV receivers as you can't share the same cable that provides the internet to your modem

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: can i still keep my comcast internet router and my phone servers with comcast yes or no

Yes DTV will work with or without the internet but is should be able to get the internet through a Comcast router.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Mentor

directv say that i can use my router for comcast 

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

You can use the Internet provider of your choice with DIRECTV to provide features that require Internet service.

You cannot use the Comcast router with AT&T U-verse Internet, if that's what you're asking.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support