For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
amyscheper's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 7:32 PM

Worst Customer Service I have EVER received at AT&T

I called to pay my bill over the phone as I have done every month for the past sometime now. I then realized that my bundle pricing must have expired, as my bill was almost $100 more than it usually is. I asked for customer service, and was conected with a person. This person gave me a billing/internet option I was not interested in (would have only brought my bill down $20). They then passed me on to customer loyalty. After waiting on hold, I was then connected with someone who told me that an order was "pending' on my account, and that it would take sometime to "drop off". This person then told me they would call back at 2. They didn't. I ended up calling back at 4, getting passed to customer service, having no resolve, waiting on hold again, and being connected with someone in Loyalty again. This women told me that the pending order was still stuck on my accout, that she has messaged the person who put it in to cancel it, and that i needed to call on Saturday to see if it was cancelled. 

I call Saturday, get connectecd with customer service, they can't help me because, after a 20 minute conversation, this peding order is still stuck. I ask them to pass me to Loyalty, where i then sit for the next 25 minutes on hold. after 1 hour and 7 minutes of being on hold and talking to people who cant help me, i speak to another person in loyalty who assures me that her supervisor has been passed all of my information and that this person will come up with a bundle price that I will be "very pleased" with. She also was very kind in giving me over $100 in credits for my current bill. She assured me that everything would be taken care of by monday, and that I should check my AT&T app to confirm. 

Fast forward to Monday. I check my AT&T app, nothing has changed. I then call AT&T again, talk to customer service again, no help again, get put on hold again, and then get passed to Loyalty again. This person tells me that she needs to contact the back office to have this pending order dropped. She then places me on hold. 10 minutes later, she comes back on to tell me it was dropped and that she just needed her screen to refresh. I then was disconnected from the call. That was 47 minutes later. I call back, connect with customer service, talk with this person who can't help, get placed on hold for Loyalty, connect with Loyalty, and then get disconnected AGAIN. I call a third time. Get connected with customer service, who can't help, get put on hold, and then get connected to Loyalty again. This person is finally able to get the back office to cancel this unauthorized order. As you can imagine, I'm thankful and incredibly irritated by now. He then goes on to discus my bundling options. I'm still pretty irritated by the whole situation, and as I'm explaining my frustration, he goes on to tell me how gratious AT&T has been with giving me the credits on my current bill for my trouble. Really. I end up having to drop HBO, but am able to keep my TV and internet speed the same for roughly what I was paying before my old bundle expired. 

ALL I WANTED WAS THE ABILITY TO KEEP MY INTERNET & TV SERVICE THE SAME WITHOUT A HUGE PRICE HIKE! Never have I ever been treated like this at AT&T. I was very grateful to have the credits applied to my bill, but am still EXTREMELY irritated with my current experience. All I wanted was to have my current bill be as close to my previous bill with the same services I had before. Not a decrease. Not a credit. Didn't want something for nothing. Just the same old thing Ive had for the last 12 months. I love that new customers are given the world when they sign up, but here we are, good ol' loyal customer Joe Schmo, paying our bills on time and never complaining given the preverbial banana in the tail pipe. 

I would love for someone who can actually help me to contact me immediatly in regards to this. Again, your customer service was absolutely abysmal.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @amyscheper,

Sorry to read of your call experience. As with most providers, our promotions are an introductory rate and designed to expire. You can log into your account at att.com, to see if any promotions are available. If you do not see anything, send us a message by clicking here. Include your full name, address, contact #, and a brief description of the issue. Our teams may email you using the email address associated with your forum ID so keep an eye out. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Oh my gosh...I really feel your pain. For me its like that every single time I call and I have to call alot due to total signal loss all day everyday this week so far I have dropped signal over 100 times, and this is a good week. Next time you call instead of asking for customer service ask for customer retention.I cant count the numbers of times a rep said they were fixing something right now, only to find out shortly that they did nothing and the next rep dont even know what you're talking about. Also because of that very issue I now record all calls to them and from them, but you have to let them know right off, they dont mind. But its a good idea because I think they just say stuff to get us off the phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Why can't Att offer a bundle that is not a promotion and will stay the same price ?   I as I am sure many of you are live on a fixed income.  It is not possible to pay the prices when the promo drops off.  I have to remember to call in every year to make a fool  of myself and beg to keep the promo price.    I get the promo idea to get new customers but what about us faithful folks who have been here for the long haul ?  DO SOMETHING FOR US !!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.