Get the myAT&T app
letmewatch4359's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 1:39 AM

Wireless Receiver Fee Installments

Why ask if I would like to pay for a wireless receiver in installments if, after I say yes, you just bill me for the whole fee on the first bill? 

I've signed up for Uverse twice now, and both times they have failed to get everything right. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

You cannot buy a wireless receiver, at least not with Uverse TV service (if you have DirecTV you are on the wrong forum).

They are leased and carry monthly lease fee that everyone pays.  Same with the RG (modem).  All AT&T equipment is leased, not sold.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, however recently (last year or so) it looks like they moved away from lease fees for modems routers boxes etc, and everything is bundled for an all inclusive fee. They still charge a $49 one time for wireless boxes though.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

@letmewatch4359 wrote:
Thanks, however recently (last year or so) it looks like they moved away from lease fees for modems routers boxes etc, and everything is bundled for an all inclusive fee. They still charge a $49 one time for wireless boxes though.

As @my thoughts pointed out, lease fees are included in new customer promos and then only temporarily, (see below). 

If you were told otherwise, you were mis-informed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.