Get the myAT&T app
Pamsw13's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 1:37 AM

Why was a payment taken without MY PERMISSION when the bill ISN'T PASSED DUE?????????

A UNAUTHORIZED payment was done on 1-19-2015 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. WHY???? The bill isn't due till: 2-3-2015. I want the $160.16 refunded ASAP There wasn't a scheduled date AND I am NOT signed up for autopay. Witch if I were the payment still SHOULD NOT have been taken out till that EXACT DUE DATE.  please fix.  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Pamsw13 wrote:

A UNAUTHORIZED payment was done on 1-19-2015 WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. WHY???? The bill isn't due till: 2-3-2015. I want the $160.16 refunded ASAP There wasn't a scheduled date AND I am NOT signed up for autopay. Witch if I were the payment still SHOULD NOT have been taken out till that EXACT DUE DATE.  please fix.  

If you are not currently signed up for Autopay or have EVER signed up for Autopay, how did ATT get your bank account information?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@Pamsw13 wrote:

If you are not currently signed up for Autopay or have EVER signed up for Autopay, how did ATT get your bank account information?

The only thing that comes to my mind...isn't that first bill a little wonky? Or is it just wonky in the fact that it takes "install date to start of billing cycle AND first FULL billing cycle?"

I'd suggest sending a PM to Customer Care. Include your account number, full name on the account, and two phone numbers so they can call you. Customer Care is a group of people who will get to the bottom of the matter.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you.  And I have a few bank accounts saved in my account but I've never signed up for auto pay and the bill wasn't due till February soooooo even if auto pay was set up it's not DUE so they shouldn't have taken anything.  I do plan on calling 1st thing in the a.m. But thank you. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

CUSTOMER CARE DID NOT HELP ME. THEY TOOK OUT MONEY ON JAN29 THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE AND I AM TOLD I MUST HAVE DONE IT BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ACCESS TO MY PASSWORD. I ONLY HAVE A YOUNG DAUGHTER WHO DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE PAYMENTS ONLINE!!!! NO ONE MADE THIS PAYMENT AND THEY REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT !!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SIGNED UP FOR AUTOMATIC PAY EITHER!!! I WANT THEM TO PAY THE 25 DOLLAR NSF FEE CUZ I ONLY HAD .75 CENTS IN MY ACCOUNT. WHY WOULD I TRY AND MAKE A PAYMENT???

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

AT&T does not have access to your bank or credit union funds unless you or someone else gave them all the necessary information.

Edit:  Autopay and/or sharing your bank information with a 3rd party (ie: ATT) is a dangerous thing.  They can offer me a $10 gift card all day but it's not something I'll EVER do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ATT no better than CC skimmers. I authorized a payment for one amount which was over due, which they took out, but without authorization they deduct another larger amount that was not authorized and now they will not correct the error saying it was due by the 22nd anyway. What a pain thief have became. I am reporting them to the Iowa Attorney Generals office and BBB today! Once contracts are up I am dumping them after 13 years

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I have just noticed that ATT has me set up for auto pay when I have not authorized it. I made a payment arrangement for my last bill and thats how they have my bank info. If they take out this month when I have not signed or authorized any payments[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.