Get the myAT&T app
TheRealRudedog's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 11th, 2017 1:36 AM

Why is there still first billing issues on new service?

Was suppose to be $154.99 plus tax, first bill came in at over $333.... Tan D via chat said it was because the first bill is prorated.  Funny just had the service turned on, on May 17th.  Today is June 10th, less then 30 days.  If it's prorated it should be well under the $154 plus tax......

Funny thing is, I hesitated to get ATT TV/Internet/home phone because of the horror stories about first billing. I called 3 times asking several other questions as well as, questions about first bill and if it would be  correct.  Everyone said YES, all billing issues have been resolved...  

Tech was great, however I had everything setup for him and he said it was the fastest fiber install he has done.  Granted ATT still can't tell me who came in and buried my fiber drop... as they cut my coax cable TV line in 3 places. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

In addition to the service you've received already, you are billed a month in advance.  Look at the service dates on the bill. 

For example, you could be being billed 5/17 thru 6/10 AND 6/11 thru 7/10 (these dates were chosen at random for demonstration purposes only).  That would be two billing cycles.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up skeeterintexas, wish they would have told me that when I asked about my first bill all those times or at least set my expectations.

The math still does not work out and the overall breakout is more than confusing.   I guess I'll have to spend time Monday morning trying to talk to them and make sense of this all.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

ME TOO!  I have phone/cable/internet for $114.99 plus tax.  First bill was a little high at $130, but there was an extra day, so I thought OK.  NEXT bill came in at $205.  I have called and chatted at least 5 times trying to get this straight.  Just like you, the customer service people ASSURE me that they understand, they agree, and it will be taken care of immediately.  2 months later here I am with a bill showing I am past due (I deducted the overcharge from my payment).  The extra charges were in the phone bill.  My promotion says no installation fees.  $0   After talking for extended periods, and the rep putting me on hold to "ask her supervisor", I am told each time that it will be credited.  I don't know what else to do at this point.  I like AT&T services, but I am not going to pay $75 for something just because they can't get a bill correct.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

My Bill was supposed to be $149. and they billed me for almost $400.  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

MY service was supposed to be $149.00 per month my first bill came and it was close to $400

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.