Why is my bill much higher than amount promised at sign-up?

Tutor

Why is my bill much higher than amount promised at sign-up?

The bill is about $45 more than it should be.  It looks like I am not getting the $30 off for 6 months on TV.  I'm still trying to figure out where the other $15 is.  I signed up for U200 TV, phone, and 18meg Internet.  It was supposed to be about $99 plus taxes.  why is my bill $155?????

Message 1 of 5 (1,512 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by MorganCS (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Why is my bill much higher than amount promised at sign-up?

It's probably because your first bill had prorated charges on it since AT&T bills one month in advance.  Here is an explanation of how it works: Understanding Your U-verse Bill

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (1,509 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Hello, lamuscle

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I apologize that the bill is not showing the correct information, but I'll be glad to help you get this resolved. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox so that we can assist you without revealing your account information to the public. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (1,509 Views)
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem with my new bundled service. I am very upset at ATT and the terrible customer 'service' that I have...haven't received. I have requested and been promised a supervisor call back three times now and still no call. I am being charged 48.00 more a month than I was promised when I switched cable provider and agreed to do the DirecTV 2year price guarantee bundle for $89.00 a month. I'm furious that I have now cancelled my cable provider and have a satellite now attached to my home and all of a sudden ATT changes the deal on me? I don't operate this way and I don't deal with companies that operate this way. I was told at the onset that my monthly bill would be 99.99 every month because my internet is at a faster speed than what is in the package. I agreed to that price. I have been told every excuse under the sun for why now I'm not going to receive the price that I was sold by ATT! Getting a hold of a person is a unbelievably frustrating and time consuming process....I have called to rectify this issue six total times. This is to the point of very insulting and a major waste of my time and energy. This is unbelievably bad business practices and I'm not going to pay $150.00 a month for a bundle that is 99.00 a month! I'm not going to call and go through the frustrating process just to get a human being on the phone and then be promised resolutions or phone calls that never happen. Can I please get someone to handle this to a satisfactory resolution please? I can't take any more aggravation, it should not be this way.

Message 4 of 5 (269 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

@alterset What are the details on the bill

The $89 is for a promotion price that does not include below line fees or taxes....

$89.99 DTV Choice + Internet + Voice Unlimited: SELECT™ All Included Package, ($50 per month) U-verse® High Speed Internet 6.0 ($30 per month) and U-verse® Voice Unlimited North America ($9.99 per month) and monthly fees for Wi-Fi Gateway and HD DVR + up to 3 additional receivers. Must purchase all services in the same transaction & maintain all bundled services for 24 months to receive advertised pricing. After 24 months, then-prevailing monthly rates apply (currently $88 for TV, $52 for Internet and $30 for Voice Unlimited), unless customer cancels/changes services prior to the end of 24 months.  Pricing excludes taxes, additional equipment fees and other charges. Must maintain a bundle of TV and Internet on a combined bill in order to receive unlimited data plan allowance at no additional charge.

I believe (not as familiar with DTV as am with Uverse) that each receiver is $7 a month this includes the DVR which is free on Uverse IPTV packages...

How many receivers do you have... Thus if have (4) TVs hooked up $89+(4*7)=$117

Regional sports fee adds another 6-7 for $123-$124

What is your internet speed, 6 or below is included, if have faster your bill would be higher yet.

Plus taxes and fees on all services.

We are users like you, cannot view your account, and this is a public forum for sharing. 

A direct response you need to reach out to the company either calling (business hours M-F), Sat 8-5, by chatting during these hours or sending a PM with response in a few days.

Edit: from the DTV bundle fine print

See offer details. BUNDLE OFFER REQUIRES 24-MO TV AND 12-MO INTERNET AGREEMENTS. ADD’L FEES APPLY. Geographic and service restrictions apply to U-verse services. Call or go to www.att.com/uverse to see if you qualify. †Must maintain a bundle of TV and Internet on a combined bill in order to receive unlimited data plan allowance at no add’l charge. For more info, go to www.att.com/internet-usage. Geographic and service restrictions apply to U-verse services. Call or go to www.att.com/uverse to see if you qualify. BUNDLE PRICE: Ends 7/16/16. Includes SELECT All Included TV Pkg ($50/mo), U-verse® High Speed Internet 6Mbps ($30/mo) and U-verse® Voice Unlimited North America ($9.99/mo) and monthly fees for Wi-Fi Gateway and HD DVR + up to 3 add'l receivers. Must maintain all bundled services for 24 mos. to receive advertised pricing. After 24 mos, then-prevailing monthly rates apply (currently $88 for TV, $30 for Internet and $30 for Voice Unlimited), unless customer cancels/changes services prior to the end of 24 mos. Pricing excludes taxes, add ‘l equip fees and other charges. DIRECTV SVC TERMS: Subject to Equipment Lease & Customer Agreements. Must maintain a min. base TV pkg of $29.99/mo. Add'l Fees & Terms: In certain markets, Regional Sports fee of up to $6.39/mo. assessed with CHOICE and MÁS ULTRA Pkg and above. $7/mo. for each add'l Receiver and/or Genie Mini/DIRECTV Ready TV/Device; $5/mo. for TiVo service for TiVo HD DVR from DIRECTV. Taxes not included. $19.95 Handling & Delivery fee may apply. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time. Visit directv.com/legal for details. U-VERSE VOICE including 911 dialing, will not function during a power outage without battery backup power. It is your responsibility to purchase necessary battery back- up units. U-verse Voice Unlimited North America: Includes unlimited wireline to wireline calling within the U.S., Canada, Mexico and U.S. Territories; otherwise, per minute rates apply. Offers may not be combined with other promotional offers on the same services and may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Other conditions apply to all offers.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (257 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support