Get the myAT&T app
dlee798's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 5th, 2016 9:10 PM

Why is ATT using a non-major credit bureau to assess customer's eligibility

Hi. I have been an existing customer with ATT wireless for the past three years and have never been late on any payments. I am trying to get internet+uverse and I need to pay credit management fee of $499 which is ridiculous. The reason is because of my credit history and this doen't make sense. I have a FICO score of 750. I noticed that ATT obtains credit information from SageStream LLC. Who are these guys? Why doesn't ATT use one of the major credit bureaus? Anyways, this is kind of ridiculous considering that ATT is aware of my payment history for the past three years but relies on a credit report from a non-major credit bureau. Is there any way to get around this?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@dlee798  

About Us

SageStream, LLC, formerly known as IDA Inc., is a credit reporting agency that provides consumer reports and scores regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).  The information we provide generates insights into creditworthiness of consumers and enhances traditional credit decisioning and is used by many types of companies including credit card issuers, retailers, and wireless telephone service providers and auto lenders.   SageStream credit decisioning solutions also help protect individuals from becoming victims of identity theft, and helps companies protect themselves and their customers from identity fraud. SageStream is based in San Diego, California, USA.

https://www.sagestreamllc.com/about-us/

They seem to be pretty legit and might be in ATT's price point (cheapest).  Similar to FYI TV that does the Guide info.

If they provided the score to the auto dealer I bought my last car from, was right in line of credit scores I get from my bank and AAA. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks. I already checked out their website.
Regardless of them being legit, their "insight" into the creditworthiness
seems to be way off.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.