Get the myAT&T app
frankdracman's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 18th, 2017 11:19 PM

Why Does AT&T not disclose that moving U-verse Service does not include recordings on DVR?

I recently moved from California to Georgia and was encouraged to move my U-verse service as well for seamless continuity of AT&T U-verse.  However, AT&T fails to disclose that you will not be able to access any recordings on the DVR prior to the move.  They all show up on the recordings list...but none of them can be played.

It is false advertising and a total failure to disclose information that otherwise might influence people to make different choices for internet, phone and TV services when moving to a new area. 

I'm really unhappy with AT&T's lack of transparency.  Despite this issue, all any of the service folks care about is whether or not I have down loaded the stupid My ATT app on my cell phone.  Such a customer service failure.

Not happy with AT&T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had the same issue and no one at AT&T can tell me why they don't inform the customer of the renewal. Even the person answer the first question commented on the equipment and the fees but did not answer "Why doesn't AT&T inform the customer the are renewing the contract". I just spent 20 minutes on the phone trying to get an answer with no luck. I requested for AT&T to send me a hard copy of their policy of moving service and they said they couldn't send that. Finally the rep I spoke said she will submit a claim which it will take 7-10 days. I honestly believe AT&T has a unfair practice and is taking advantage of their customers. Plus their "1g internet speed" is terrible I never got over 100mbs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.