Get the myAT&T app
alpineview's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 1:15 PM

What is U-verse TV?

I noticed that when I looked at my account, that the TV section of our bundle shows DirecTV and U-Verse TV.  What is U-Verse TV?  When U-Verse was installed at our house, we were not provided any different equipment for television - we are still using a DirecTV box that does not have wireless capability and we are getting DirecTV from the dish.  Have we been paying for something that AT&T has never provided?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

Access your account at www.att.com/my  Click on See my bill.  Then click on TV & Video. 

It should clearly state what service you are paying for, which level of service you are paying for and the current charges.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

That's really odd.  DirecTV and Uverse TV are two different services.

Are there two different billed amounts?  Under Uverse TV heading is there a service level such as U300 or U450?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

UverseTV.jpg

This is the screen I saw when looking to troubleshoot my U-verse service problem.  The paper bill only shows DirectTV under the TV section - "SELECT Monthly" is the primary charge.  There is no indication of the services you mention (U300 or U450).

I've been having a problem with U-Verse for a couple of months - the service drops frequently.  The frequency of outage has increased with dropping outdoor temperatures.  AT&T support has been no help - they originally told me that they would send me a new gateway for self install.  After two weeks, I called back and was told that there is no record of sending out a replacement gateway.  So, the first tech support guy just outright lied to make a short and easy call.  My second call I requested that the outside lines be checked.  I was going out of town on a business trip and did not want to schedule a house visit.  They never checked the outside lines.  I left a message with the Dayton U-Verse manager and never heard back from him.  I know just waiting for our contract to expire in a few weeks.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Hi again skeeterintexas!

It was from "see my bill" that the TV section shows that we are paying for "SELECT Standard".  The landing page has a panel for DirecTV and lists our TV plan as:

SELECT Standard

Over 155 channels, including Disney, HGTV, History, CNN, AMC and local channels

I think that when I was in the troubleshooting section of my account and the system performed a service search - it was presenting me with what is available - not necessarily what is in my account.   I suppose the U-verse TV would be streamed over the internet connection rather than from our roof-mounted dish.  I am happy that we have DirecTV dish since the internet service keeps dropping so frequently.  It is currently 50 degrees this afternoon in Dayton, Ohio and the service is stable.  Unfortunately, I know that when the temperature drops into the 30s and below - the U-verse service will begin the cycle of dropping service, reconnect, and repeat ad nauseum.

No matter, really.  Once our commitment is up, I plan on switching to another provider - i just can't rely on the connectivity to the total U-verse service that I am paying for.  This morning, I was talking to my Dad - he was asking me to take him to the hospital when the service dropped.  Luckily, we also have cellular (not with AT&T) so I was able to call my Dad back on my mobile.  Thanks for taking the time to chat with me on this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.