Get the myAT&T app
TerraIris's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 5:51 PM

What can I do to avoid AT&T Uverse Sales call on my wireless on Sunday morning at 6:40 am?

I received a phone call on my wireless today, Sunday, at 6:40am.  I checked my AT&T Uverse profile and primary number is the Uverse landline.   My profile shows my cell as secondary and identifies it as a wireless phone.  My husband answered the phone because I was downstairs making coffee.  And hung up immediately when he realized it was recorded message about a $200 rebate(he had been awoken so he wasn't sure Just that it was AT&T).  I tried to call back 800-*** and get a message that it is no longer in service.

I don't know how to contact anyone at AT&T Uverse as their offices are not open and can find no email address.  I don't want to remove my cell number as we have spotty service at times.

Thanks,

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @TerraIris 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting. We got your private message as well but I want to answer you in here so it might help other users too.

The call you got wasn't from AT&T. Unfortunately there is a known phishing scam out there, where some customers receive calls, texts or email pretending to be from AT&T and offering credits. The biggest red flag is that calls come from "out of service" (spoofed) numbers.

Please take a look at this article to learn more about them and how to report:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB419088#fbid=x2B9J1FfZaR

Your husband did a right thing by hanging up immediately, if you can, you should block that number.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.