What can I do to avoid AT&T Uverse Sales call on my wireless on Sunday morning at 6:40 am?

Highlighted
Contributor

What can I do to avoid AT&T Uverse Sales call on my wireless on Sunday morning at 6:40 am?

[ Edited ]

I received a phone call on my wireless today, Sunday, at 6:40am.  I checked my AT&T Uverse profile and primary number is the Uverse landline.   My profile shows my cell as secondary and identifies it as a wireless phone.  My husband answered the phone because I was downstairs making coffee.  And hung up immediately when he realized it was recorded message about a $200 rebate(he had been awoken so he wasn't sure Just that it was AT&T).  I tried to call back 800-*** and get a message that it is no longer in service.

I don't know how to contact anyone at AT&T Uverse as their offices are not open and can find no email address.  I don't want to remove my cell number as we have spotty service at times.

Thanks,

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 2 (801 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author TerraIris
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: What can I do to avoid AT&T Uverse Sales call on my wireless on Sunday morning at 6:40 am?

Hello @TerraIris 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting. We got your private message as well but I want to answer you in here so it might help other users too.

The call you got wasn't from AT&T. Unfortunately there is a known phishing scam out there, where some customers receive calls, texts or email pretending to be from AT&T and offering credits. The biggest red flag is that calls come from "out of service" (spoofed) numbers.

Please take a look at this article to learn more about them and how to report:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB419088#fbid=x2B9J1FfZaR

Your husband did a right thing by hanging up immediately, if you can, you should block that number.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (757 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support