Get the myAT&T app
gaw531's profile

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

Wednesday, December 9th, 2015 3:29 PM

Vacation hold for only part of Uverse services

We will be vacationing for a couple of months and only want to have the TV part put on vacation hold as we have an alarm system and security cameras that use the wireless network and need to access the cameras while we are gone.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@gaw531 wrote:

We will be vacationing for a couple of months and only want to have the TV part put on vacation hold as we have an alarm system and security cameras that use the wireless network and need to access the cameras while we are gone.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

According to the website HERE  "If you have U-verse TV, Voice and High Speed Internet you will be required to put all three on hold, including all U-verse Voice line(s)"

(edited)

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@gaw531  Not sure.   Click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature below, send the PM, explain your vacation situation.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I will be on vacation starting Sunday, Aug 14, returning Aug 19.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@RBigum   Follow link in post #3.  Vacation hold is for a minimum of 2 months.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

but Skeeter...can you just hold the TV and keep the internet so our security systems keep working?  why not?  what reason do you find or have you been told...?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@rwindy   I'd say no, would have to keep all services active for that to happen. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@rwindy wrote:

but Skeeter...can you just hold the TV and keep the internet so our security systems keep working?  why not?  what reason do you find or have you been told...?

I've never been on vacation long enough to put my services on hold but according to the info on the link provided, it's all or nothing.

Why?  It's "Policy".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.