Get the myAT&T app
Subhash's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 7th, 2016 4:22 PM

Vacation hold for U-verse?

Hi. We are going on holiday and need to put a stop on our service. Can I do that online? If so how?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

8 years ago

Yes you can Place your U-verse TV, Voice line(s) and High Speed Internet, if applicable*, on hold for $5 a month each. Vacation Hold can be activated for a minimum period of 2 months and a maximum period of 9 months over a 12 month period. ** To be eligible, your U-verse account must be in good standing and you must have had service for at least 30 days.

Goto this page to put on a vacation hold.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My complaint is about AT&T's policy of a "vacation hold" being for a minimum of 2 months.  A "vacation hold" should be allowable for a shorter period of time.  A two-month minimum is more appropriate for a service interruption such as the result of fire, flooding, or hurrican damage.  AT&T's policy is more about greed than any interest is assisting customers who are going on vacation.

Terry Krejci - Houston

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

This is interesting because I'm on deployment and was told that I can place my services on hold for several months.  I was told that I would only pay $5 per month.  The "system" released the hold and restored my services now I have a $500 bill.  I work out of state several months of the year and was told this was the best option.   It seems easier to cancel services.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

Did the system release the hold on the date you requested?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Are there any holds for financial hardships? Just curious. I love my services and haven't had them but a few months and i all the sudden am having to find other housing arrangements and only want to suspend it for a short period maybe 4 or 5 months till I get settled again. Is there a way to access that by phone or online? I sadly do have a balance that I'm setting up arrangements for payment but I won't be at the location my service is active at and cancelling service isn't desired. Just no sure where I'll be moving to off the bat and suspension if possible would be the best option. Just looking for something to help out. Anything helps. Anything at all. Thanks so much.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Mumof2boys wrote:
Are there any holds for financial hardships? Just curious. I love my services and haven't had them but a few months and i all the sudden am having to find other housing arrangements and only want to suspend it for a short period maybe 4 or 5 months till I get settled again. Is there a way to access that by phone or online? I sadly do have a balance that I'm setting up arrangements for payment but I won't be at the location my service is active at and cancelling service isn't desired. Just no sure where I'll be moving to off the bat and suspension if possible would be the best option. Just looking for something to help out. Anything helps. Anything at all. Thanks so much.

Follow the link in Post 2 above and call it a "vacation" hold. 

Your account must be current and there is a $5 per month per service fee you must pay.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T just have the $5 charge for vacation hold, however, their computer will remove the vacation after a two weeks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.