Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Vacation hold for U-verse?

Contributor

Vacation hold for U-verse?

Hi. We are going on holiday and need to put a stop on our service. Can I do that online? If so how?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎04-07-2016 10:46 AM

Re: Billing

Yes you can Place your U-verse TV, Voice line(s) and High Speed Internet, if applicable*, on hold for $5 a month each. Vacation Hold can be activated for a minimum period of 2 months and a maximum period of 9 months over a 12 month period. ** To be eligible, your U-verse account must be in good standing and you must have had service for at least 30 days.

Goto this page to put on a vacation hold.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

My complaint is about AT&T's policy of a "vacation hold" being for a minimum of 2 months.  A "vacation hold" should be allowable for a shorter period of time.  A two-month minimum is more appropriate for a service interruption such as the result of fire, flooding, or hurrican damage.  AT&T's policy is more about greed than any interest is assisting customers who are going on vacation.

Terry Krejci - Houston

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Employee

The vacation hold is really designed for "snowbirds"... Part of the year in one area (winter/south), part of the year in another (summer/north). For those that might also receive temporary job assignments where gone for a prolonged period.

It is not intended for the 1 to 2 week vacation period where normal service is still used for part of the month. It may be worth considering offering a pro rated month for say a $25 processing fee.

This may or may not be financially beneficial to most that would use the service.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

This is interesting because I'm on deployment and was told that I can place my services on hold for several months.  I was told that I would only pay $5 per month.  The "system" released the hold and restored my services now I have a $500 bill.  I work out of state several months of the year and was told this was the best option.   It seems easier to cancel services.

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

Did the system release the hold on the date you requested?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10
Contributor

Are there any holds for financial hardships? Just curious. I love my services and haven't had them but a few months and i all the sudden am having to find other housing arrangements and only want to suspend it for a short period maybe 4 or 5 months till I get settled again. Is there a way to access that by phone or online? I sadly do have a balance that I'm setting up arrangements for payment but I won't be at the location my service is active at and cancelling service isn't desired. Just no sure where I'll be moving to off the bat and suspension if possible would be the best option. Just looking for something to help out. Anything helps. Anything at all. Thanks so much.
Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

@Mumof2boys wrote:
Are there any holds for financial hardships? Just curious. I love my services and haven't had them but a few months and i all the sudden am having to find other housing arrangements and only want to suspend it for a short period maybe 4 or 5 months till I get settled again. Is there a way to access that by phone or online? I sadly do have a balance that I'm setting up arrangements for payment but I won't be at the location my service is active at and cancelling service isn't desired. Just no sure where I'll be moving to off the bat and suspension if possible would be the best option. Just looking for something to help out. Anything helps. Anything at all. Thanks so much.

Follow the link in Post 2 above and call it a "vacation" hold. 

Your account must be current and there is a $5 per month per service fee you must pay.

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

AT&T just have the $5 charge for vacation hold, however, their computer will remove the vacation after a two weeks.

Message 9 of 10
Employee

@Mumof2boys The vacation hold is not for suspending account while moving to an unknown location or due date.

This keeps the service(s) at the existing address which means the next tenant moving in could not order Uverse as two accounts cannot exist at same address. If new tenant gets landlord to release the address your service(s) will be canceled and you may possible owe early termination fee(s) if still in a current promotion.

You would be best to cancel services, may or may not owe ETFs depending on if Uverse is available at temporary address.

If Uverse is not available should be able to cancel without fee(s). Do send the equipment back within 21 days of canceling or will be looking at additional charges of $150 per piece of equipment non returned.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support