For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Madmamasan's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Friday, March 31st, 2017 5:34 AM

Uverse vs Direct TV

Has anybody seen the article in Yahoo Finance 3/29/17 stating att is shutting Uverse down completely by May 30? Now I understand the frustrating and overbearing sales push to Direct. I asked an Att rep about that today, of course got the ole "Hmmm haven't heard anything about it" lol

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Madmamasan,

Just consider that U-verse is a brand that will most likely evolve into something called AT&T TV or AT&T Entertainment or simply DIRECTV. We don't know for sure and we are excited about what the possibilities will bring with TV's evolution. The products and technology is becoming more mobile and less about the TV receiver in your living room. Thanks for posting in the community forums and we love you being the best part of what makes our community great.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

As a matter of fact Yahoo Finance just published an article titled "AT&T to Shut Down U-Verse and Shift Users to DIRECT TV by May 30" 🤔

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

Well as I began my statement with "As a matter of fact . . . .", fact being the publication in Yahoo Finance by Zacha Equity Research. I quoted the headline word for word. It goes on to say, and I quote" Per a recent FierceCable report, U.S. telecom behemoth AT&T is planning to completely phase out its long standing U-verse brand by May 30. The brand consist of fiber-based triple play video (TV), voice (telephony) and high-speed broadband Internet offerings. This movie is in line with AT&T's strategy to discontinue the service. The service his face workout in 23 states since March 15." The article goes on citing the numbers indicating greater revenue from Satellite as opposed to U-verse and video. "This proves the company's strategic shift from its U-verse customers to the DIRECTV brand to be a positive one. "Company officials have already started informing customers about the shutdown of service." Etc, etc. so in response to your question no I was not passing on info from gossip or idle chat. Maybe AT&T might inform their employees as well.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@Madmamasan wrote:
Well as I began my statement with "As a matter of fact . . . .", fact being the publication in Yahoo Finance by Zacha Equity Research. I quoted the headline word for word. It goes on to say, and I quote" Per a recent FierceCable report, U.S. telecom behemoth AT&T is planning to completely phase out its long standing U-verse brand by May 30..."

The referenced Fierce Cable article in the Zachs Equitity Research "report" actually [accurately] stated that elements of "uverse.com" may be shut down on May 30th, which they lifted from an announcement from AT&T this week.  Zachs half read out what they wanted to.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

The only thing I read is that AT&T is ending its relationship with Yahoo and going to another service that will roll Uverse Com into that service as an app and close Uverse Com as it is today.

Scholar

• 

144 Messages

7 years ago

My friend across the street has DirecTV (it's only permitted in my condo complex if u don't put the dish on the roof which is owned by HOA).  She has frequent "loss of signal" errors/blank screen whenever it rains or is windy.  I've heard that same complaint from numerous DirecTV customers which makes it a non starter/show stopper for someone who likes to watch live sports on TV.  I will go back to Comcast/Xfinity if U-verse is discontinued.

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

7 years ago

Sounds like a good thing to me...

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

7 years ago

U-verse is not going anywhere...  Maybe a little name change no biggie...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.