Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Uverse signal has been lost

Contributor

Uverse signal has been lost

I have gotten the "Uverse signal has been lost" at least 18 times today. I've done all of the troubleshooting and it (TV & internet) comes back for awhile and then it's the same message. What causes this? It's more than annoying. We've had Uverse for less than 2 weeks and I already hate it. Ooops gotta go my signals been lost again & I'm sure the internet will follow.

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Uverse signal has been lost

if losing both iptv and internet, the gateway is losing sync, most likely a loose connection either inside or outside residence. 

Please call 800.288.2020 to schedule a repair appointment for intermittent service.

The tech can identify and resolve the reoccuring issue... often the issue is animal biting on cabling... do you have pet(s)?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

Is this happening on a wired or wireless receiver?  If wireless how many signal strength bars show on the front of the receiver?  3 is marginal, 4-5 best.  Might have to move the WAP (little box ethernet connected to the gateway) to get a better signal.  Use longer ether net cable if necessary to give yo more freedom to move WAP to a closer location.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I sincerely appreciate it. The past 2.5 hours have been completely trouble free. (That's not to say it will remain this way.) I absolutely dread having to call when there is any problems because I know it means at least 2 hours on the phone.

If the problem occurs again, I will check what you have suggested. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support