Get the myAT&T app
LloydM's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 6:38 AM

Uverse not active after promised date/time

My DSL+phone service was supposed to be changed over to Uverse (self-install, internet only, no phone) as if 8pm Wed 7/3. However my DSL is still active as of 11:30pm, and when I tried plugging in the RG I just got a blonking red Broadband light. I called Uverse support but all they said they could do is send out a tech Sat pm. At least I still have DSL in the meantime, but I dont want to be double-billed, and based on other posts in this forum there's no guarntee a tech can actually fix this problem. Are there any Community Reps that could help me? -Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

The problem WAS with the NID. In mine there are two parallel sides each with a signal pair at top, an RG-45 (or RJ-11?) stub and jack in the middle, and a set of binding posts at bottom.  When I switched the connected stub to the jack on the other side, the BB/Service lights went green and I was able to get online and activate. So yes, as the previous poster said, a tech should have been sent out to ensure the NID was correctly configured. Self-install is just for the online part which is only possible after the NID has been correctly configured. The tech in this case forgot to take the final step of moving the stub, or AT&T never sent a tech out, not considering the stub had to be moved. Thanks for the help!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

If you have recieved your RG but your DSL still works, then your UVerse hasn't been activated.  Self installs do not require any prem techs and it should be just a matter of following the instructions provided and  you are up and running. 

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I think you are confusing service activation with RG registration. The NID has to be rewired and VDSL service activated by a tech for the RG to show green BB and Service lights. Only then can self-install (including registration) be done. I have a flashing red BB light so I cant self-install. I have sent a message to Cust Care as you suggested.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I never got a tech call but autonotification sent me a text that my order was completed 7/4 am. However nothing seems to have changed.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@LloydM wrote:
I think you are confusing service activation with RG registration. The NID has to be rewired and VDSL service activated by a tech for the RG to show green BB and Service lights. Only then can self-install (including registration) be done. I have a flashing red BB light so I cant self-install. I have sent a message to Cust Care as you suggested.

If you are getting internet only you don't need all of that.  it's called self install for a reason.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:
If your old modem still works you service has not been switched yet.
On the conversion generally two techs are involved, the first is the CO tech responsible for disabling the adsl circuit. The second tech is uverse tech responsible for running jumpers and verifying sync at the mid before 8 pm. The uverse tech is supposed to call number listed on account and inform you or leave message (if you have that ability on listed call number) when the service is up.

As your modem stills works either
1) your work order is lost , no work has been done....reason if CO tech had disabled but uverse tech not dispatched neither modem would work.
2) if co tech disabled, uverse tech had issue in providing service to you NID, then tech is supposed to restore your original service(jumpers), notify CO tech to restore, and return the work order for outside plant tech to correct wiring, then order reschedule for future install. If this is the case the tech being dispatched

If you are an ATT employee, sounds like your are, you should have the employee disclaimer as your signature. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I talked with an AT&T Social Media rep. He said that a tech had been sent out but failed to check the NID. The tech had also failed to call me beforehand. Bad, bad tech!

Also when ADSL is dropped and VDSL is added in the same order, AT&T calls it a "DSL congestion conversion" order. The next billing statement will charge for both services, even though ADSL has been terminated. The statement after that will show a credit for the ADSL service. The rep said AT&T gets a lot of calls form confused customers about this.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for posting that info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.