Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Uverse and Internet Standard Pricing Rates

Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Uverse and Internet Standard Pricing Rates

Every year I go through the ritual of attempting to get a new promotion and every year, prior to that "wonderful experience", I try to get the standard (i.e., non-promo) rates for the TV and internet (as a bundle).  It's helps in my planning the possible price ranges and downgrade or upgrade options (yes, I am willing to consider downgrades).  The problem is I can never find those standard rates on line.  So I have the other "wonderful experience" of calling (tech) support for them to hunt them down.  And it seems hard for them to comprehend the word "standard" or "non-promo" rates and they too have to search it out.  Sometimes they claim they found the info and quote me prices.

I went through that exercise again today but this year I decided to verify the quoted pricing here in case anyone can confirm these quotes for the TV side of a TV/Internet bundle:

U200  $88

U300  $104

U400  $134 (hey, they quoted a U400, what can I say)

U450  $139

So are these correct?

On the internet side I was told something I was unaware of and am not convinced is true.  That is the standard price is based on your location (maybe gross location like urban, rural, whatever, doubt it's zip code).  So I didn't get quotes on internet other than Internet 24 which I currently have at $50 before the (usual?) $10 off promo.  I was told that in other areas it is $67.  I never heard about this before so I thought I would mention it in case others don't know about it either - assuming it's true of course.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACE - Expert
Accepted by _xyzzy_
‎09-08-2017 11:48 PM

Re: Uverse and Internet Standard Pricing Rates

The tv pricing up charges are posted every year around beginning of December to be effective end of January the next year.

2015 pricing was $15 difference between lower plans with $32 difference on u450

(HBO, Cinamax and HD is $36 with $4 discount)

Ufamily $65

U200 $80

U300 $95

U450 $127 

Receivers @ $9 each

local broadcast $3.99

2016 had $2 increase on Ufamily, $3 on u200 and $4 on u300/u450 plus $1 on non DVR receivers, $1 locals

Ufamily $67, u200 $83, u300 $99, u450 $131, receivers $10 each, local broadcast $4.99

2017 prices increases... $2 ufam, $5 u200/u300, $8 u450 no change to receivers, +$1 locals

Ufamily $69, u200 $88, u300 $104, u450 $139, receivers $10, local broadcast $5.99

Internet prices vary slightly by district, Bell South, SBC, Ameritech, Pacific-Telis

For my area standard internet pricing has non changed past few years. $5 difference lower, $10 upper tiers.

Pro 3M $47

Elite 6M $52

Max 12M $57

Max Plus 18M $62

Max Turbo 24M $72

Power 45M $82

Power Plus 75M $92

Some have reported their areas were $5 lower, example 18M being $57 instead of $62.

The NEW non fiber speed tiers have different pricing structure that seem to imply few pricing options.

Example NEW customer best speed address can support up to 50M $40 with gateway included, then $70 after promo.

I would take this to mean after 12 months, all speeds 50 and below would be $70 as the lowest tier is priced same as 50M under promotion.

5M

10M

25/2

25/5

50/10 $60 plus $10 gateway fee total $70

75/20 

$40 Internet Offer: Price for Internet 50M plan after bill credit for new residential customers. After 12 mos., then prevailing rate ($70/mo) applies unless canceled by customer prior to end of 12 months. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 months. Up to $99 installation fee applies. Credit restrictions apply.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

The tv pricing up charges are posted every year around beginning of December to be effective end of January the next year.

Yes, I know they are since we always get those price increases around February.  I just didn't bother to try to find those increases for each tier.  Also we usually get a Annual Notification booklet in the mail (at list I do or did) which lists the TV pricing but the last one I have (after digging through a pile of old papers) was dated "effective July 17, 2016" and I don't recall (and can't find) any for 2017.

Looking through that booklet however, and adding in the prices you listed does appear to agree with the list I had in my OP.

The internet prices however, or at least for the one I currently have, Internet 24, doesn't match.  Mine is $50 before the $10 promo, not $72 (or if $5 lower, $67).  But the area dependency you mention as by district sounds reasonable.  So maybe $50 is just what it is for the San Francisco bay area.

Thanks for replying.  I always like to have this kind of info when I go into the promo negotiations.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Employee

One of the things I failed to mention is under the old STANDRD internet prices had a HSI equipment fee of $7 which would need to be added to the above price.

For a period of time new customer internet pricing was $17 off list PLUS the $7 fee for net of $10 off.

These were generally advertised as 3M internet for $30 (47-17) or 6M for $35 (52-17) for 12 months.

This was changed last year for new customers, with equipment fee going to $10 and grouping speed tiers.

Some of these promotions were as follows...

Best speed up to 6M address could support  (.75, 1.5, 3, 6) for $30 PLUS $10 gateway fee resulting in $40 per month charge.

Speeds up to 24  address could support (12, 18, 24) was $50 with gateway fee included. This covered ADSL2+ shorter loops of 12, 18 and long loop bonded VDSL (18) and standard loop 24.

The 45M was $60 with gateway fee included and 75M was $70 with gateway fee included.

Early 2017 new customer promotions combined all ADSL2+ and VDSL up to bonded 50M at $40 with gateway fee included.

And faster speeds above 50, 75/20, 100/20 on copper for $20 more or $60 with gateway fee included.

If your paying $50 for 24M, that is a promotional price not retail price for that speed tier.

The $10 discount is due to bundling with other services such as Uverse IPTV, DirecTv or ATT cell phone.

The same applies to NEW customer promotions today.

$40 internet, 12 months can be had for $30 ($10 discount) when bundled.

The core Ufamily/ best speed up to 50M for $80 is discounted tv (69-19) $50 and internet (40-10) $30, plus the additional discounts of HD ($10) and up to 3 more receivers ($10 each) for 24 months if stay bundled.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

This was changed last year for new customers, with equipment fee going to $10 and grouping speed tiers.

- - -

Speeds up to 24  address could support (12, 18, 24) was $50 with gateway fee included.

Not sure if that totally covers what I saw last year but close. My promo renewal time is close to the beginning of October.  It's why I go after the promo's near the end of September (just prior to my billing date).  The $4 equipment charge (I think it was a grandfathered amount since I have been with uverse for about 9 years) "mysteriously" disappeared starting on my last September's bill, i.e., the month prior to the current promo.  Maybe that's when they started including it.  So what you are saying certainly appears to apply as to why I got the $10 promo off $50 and the timing of the disappearing equipment fee was just as coincidence and continued into the current promo.   If it ever comes back I guess it would now be $10 since I assume any change probably cancels its grandfather status.  Sigh! Man Frustrated

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support