Get the myAT&T app
texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 7:47 PM

Closed

Unable to Change Services Online

Is anyone else unable to make changes to their U-verse services online?  For the past couple of weeks, selecting the Change Plan hyperlink on the My Services page after logging into my account results in the following message:

• UCKH12: We’re sorry, but we are unable to process your transaction at this time. To make any changes to your account, please contact us at 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT Saturday and Sunday.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am (1) thrilled to have found this forum, so I know it is not just me who has been frustrated by this problem and (2) dismayed that AT&T has been unable to resolve a problem like this for over a year.  Having received the same error message UCKH12 since at least August, I called tech support to explain my problem.  After at least 5 or 6 calls, each time having to explain my problem from scratch and having to listen to all of their "solutions," all of which were tried and found wanting several times before, I was finally escalated to Tier 2 support.  I have notes of at least a dozen conversations I have had with a Tier 2 rep (never the same one twice), each time explaining my problem, error messages, etc. as if ATT tech support has never heard of this issue.  In October, one of these reps finally got an AOTS ticket (whatever that is) opened, but each time I check on the status, I am advised that "they are working on it but have no estimated time for resolution."

Assuming this is not a universal problem, I suspect my particular problem results from an "order" that remains in the system from September 2010 which the system shows as "in process." I was advised by one of my many Tier 2 reps that the system will not accept a new online order while an order is pending.  I have no order "in process" and I suspect that if they can ever delete this supposed "in process" order from the system, I will once again be able to make online changes to my service.  However, no Tier 2 rep has been able, over the past 3 months, to remove this order from my account on the system.

I have wasted countless hours waiting on the phone, going through menus and talking to reps, and the ATT reps have similarly wasted countless hours on the phone with me, with absolutely no progress so far.  My wife counsels me that I should just cancel the UVerse service (which, except for this issue, is a wonderful service), but I regard this as a matter of principle to see this through to a satisfactorily resolution.  I just cannot believe that a company the size of ATT cannot resolve a problem that many of their customers have been having for many, many months.

If I should make any progress in resolving my issue, I will certainly post it in this forum.  Thanks to all who have posted their own frustration with ATT over this matter.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Send Alex a PM he is an ATT Commumity Manager on the forum.

http://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/318276

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

Thank you sharing your experiences and best practices regarding this topic.  Since this is account specific, if you still need assistance, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.  We'll get you in touch with the appropriate group.  Closing this thread for now since this has been thoroughly discussed.  We appreciate the feedback!

*To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.