Get the myAT&T app
texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 7:47 PM

Closed

Unable to Change Services Online

Is anyone else unable to make changes to their U-verse services online?  For the past couple of weeks, selecting the Change Plan hyperlink on the My Services page after logging into my account results in the following message:

• UCKH12: We’re sorry, but we are unable to process your transaction at this time. To make any changes to your account, please contact us at 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT Saturday and Sunday.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Try contacting Alex, one of the Community Managers for further assistance.  Maybe he can also get this noticed by the right person. Smiley Wink

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

@eStatic wrote:
I had the same problem until I switched from IE or Firefox x64 to Internet Explorer x86 (32 bit) browser... and had to use Compatibility mode. After I did that I was able to change my subscription.

I use only 32-bit browsers, primarily due to lack of Adobe Flash support for 64-bit (although I see that that has recently - finally! - been resolved).

At this moment, I cannot access any "Change plan" function with IE8 /32, Firefox/32, Chrome/32, Safari, nor IE8/64.  The problem is identical on Windows 7/64, Vista/64, and XP-PRO/32 PCs I have tested on.

As noted by others, the problem seems to be entirely on AT&T's end; an interaction between the website coding and the customer database.  It clearly does not appear to be related to anything at the user end...

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

So, after a week or so of

UCKH12: We're sorry, but we are unable to process your transaction at this time. To make any changes to your account, please contact us at 1-877-449-4407, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT Saturday and Sunday.

I was finally able to log onto the att.com site and modify my U-Verse TV plan (downgrade from U300 to U200) and my Internet plan (upgrade from Elite to Max).  This was yesterday morning.

Today, more than 24 hours later, I see no changes in my actual service for either TV nor Internet.  If I log on to att.com and check "My Orders" it tells me that no orders can be found.

How can I tell if my order actually got entered into the system?  How long does it take to process simple changes such as requested here?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

No, per the error message the order was not entered.  You will need to call Customer Support to make the change.

Also, contact  David about the error message.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

No, per the error message the order was not entered.  You will need to call Customer Support to make the change.

Also, contact  David about the error message.

You misunderstood.

I had been getting the error message for a week or so.  I did contact David.  After a few more days, the error message (when I clicked on any "Change Plan" link) has gone away.  Finally, yesterday, I was able to log on normally, click a Change Plan link, and go through all the normal steps necessary to change my plan.

I got to the page with the newly updated "Summary of Changes", printed it for my records, and then proceeded to "Checkout" after which I received a confirmation message.

The point of all this is, this entire system is an embarrassment.  Web sites that don't function correctly.  Customer Service that is anything but.

Frankly, the only time I am happy with U-Verse is when I go for months just accepting it as it is.  But, God Forbid I should get the urge to change my plan in any way or (Grrrr!!!) have a billing issue that needs resolving...

Moderator: I don't think moving my post to this thread was required.  As pointed out above, this is not about the already resolved error message.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@UverseUser1951 wrote:

You misunderstood.

I had been getting the error message for a week or so.  I did contact David.  After a few more days, the error message (when I clicked on any "Change Plan" link) has gone away.  Finally, yesterday, I was able to log on normally, click a Change Plan link, and go through all the normal steps necessary to change my plan.

I got to the page with the newly updated "Summary of Changes", printed it for my records, and then proceeded to "Checkout" after which I received a confirmation message.

The point of all this is, this entire system is an embarrassment.  Web sites that don't function correctly.  Customer Service that is anything but.

Frankly, the only time I am happy with U-Verse is when I go for months just accepting it as it is.  But, God Forbid I should get the urge to change my plan in any way or (Grrrr!!!) have a billing issue that needs resolving...

Moderator: I don't think moving my post to this thread was required.  As pointed out above, this is not about the already resolved error message.

Did you receive an confirmation email?  If not, I would suggest trying to make the change again online.  If an order is still being processed, no online changes would be allowed.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

I have quite frankly given up on this. I had the problem ever since I re-added TV some months ago. I contacted support using David's directions in August and went back and forth with a higer level tech who basically told me "we are working on it". I sent another note about it ten days ago and was told the exact same thing.

I know this has been repeated here, but the concept that a big communications company that offers internet services can't solve a specific problem after 2 and a half months is silly to me.

I know I can call in, but the whole purpose of having the ability to do something online is to avoid having to do this!

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

I've pretty much given up; the level of frustration is just one notch too high for me.

Comcast is coming out next Tuesday to install Xfinity TV and Internet.  I know, I know - they aren't perfect either, but it is time to move on (it helps that I will be saving a chunk of money for at least the first 24 months).

Professor

• 

2K Messages

12 years ago

Almost an entire year later and I still am seeing UCKH12 messages.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

I'm having this error, myself. I rarely log in and don't make changes but I'm thinking about upgrading my internet speed. I also call the 800-288-2020 number and get the "closed office" message. What time zone are they? It's 9am Central and they're closed?

So it seems like this error message has been a problem for many people for a long time. What is the work around?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.