UVerse!?!?!?!

Mentor

UVerse!?!?!?!

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR and AT&T was suppose to send a 802.11n modem/ router a few months back with it when we requested it and paid for it because my area code can get one from AT&T for our Internet and TV bundle. They sent a 802.11g without the power supply, so we called the store for service and the guy gave us a new power supply for it even though we wanted the newer WiFi version 802.11n because it was not his fault which I have to say all of this complaint goes on the phone service itself because almost 2 months later the power supply for that router was sent out even though we don't want that router. Now fast forward to yesterday when our DVR (which has a obsolete version of Windows CE from 2004) restarted itself for the 3rd time sense it was plugged in. Our DVR needs a 802.11n to work right with no interruption because we have HD and 802.11g speed hasn't been used by anyone with a working system since the beginning of 2011. The DVR did not come with the new black standard remote it was suppose to, the router was not the one we asked for, and the system keeps restarting the DVR. We want refunds for the issues You! (AT&T) have caused! We want the 802.11n router we asked for free of charge, We want our the remote our DVR never came with free of charge. AT&T using a obsolete software is 1 thing, not giving us what we asked for is another that was cause by AT&T.

Message 1 of 53 (4,455 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by texasguy37 (Expert)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

There is no 802.11n gateway that can be used for U-verse TV customers or customers who have internet service delivered by VDSL.  You will have either the 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV or the i3812v (iNiD).

 

Also, whether the gateway is 802.11g or 802.11n has zero impact on the operation of your U-verse DVR.  Those are wireless standards for the gateway which are not used in the operation of your U-verse DVR.

 

If you are having issues with the DVR restarting, it has nothing to do with the gateway being 802.11g. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

 

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

 

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading

 

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears that you might be an issue with your system.

Message 2 of 53 (4,313 Views)
Mentor

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.

Message 3 of 53 (4,281 Views)
Expert

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]

As I stated, that router, which is an ADSL2+ router, cannot be used with your system. You have U-verse TV, thus your services are delivered by VSDL.  The gateways listed in my previous messages are VDSL gateways and are the only ones used for U-verse TV customers. The router you are referencing is used for U-verse internet only customers who's services are delivered by ADSL2+.

 

Based on your comments, you obviously do not know how your U-verse system works and are not willing to learn. You need to check yourself before you make any more erroneous statements on this forum while accusing others of not knowing what they are talking about.  You are just making yourself look silly.

Message 4 of 53 (4,274 Views)
Mentor

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

You do realize you just said that the router we wanted would not work with the TV and Internet bundle for UVerse, but it is listed on the website as a UVerse router for UVerse and the website is AT&T's website; right?
Message 5 of 53 (4,255 Views)

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!


RadioFreeRO wrote:
You do realize you just said that the router we wanted would not work with the TV and Internet bundle for UVerse, but it is listed on the website as a UVerse router for UVerse and the website is AT&T's website; right?

And he would be correct.  That router is for UVerse INTERNET only.  Internet only is totally different than UVerse TV and internet.

 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 53 (4,232 Views)
Guru

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]

Just chiming in, it's internet and VoIP now. ^_^ Also, when you refer to 'You!' as AT&T OP, you do realize that this is a forum base of customers, right?

Message 7 of 53 (4,229 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!


RadioFreeRO wrote:

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.


Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 53 (4,210 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!


bauwls wrote:

Just chiming in, it's internet and VoIP now. ^_^ Also, when you refer to 'You!' as AT&T OP, you do realize that this is a forum base of customers, right?


And finally a reason for combining the ADSL2+ product under the U-verse name: they're going to offer VOIP to those customers.

 

Before this, it just led to the confusion experienced by the OP here.

 

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 53 (4,182 Views)

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!


skeeterintexas wrote:

RadioFreeRO wrote:

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.


Smiley Very Happy


Didn't even realize that our ACE was loose.  Quick, someone catch it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 10 of 53 (4,163 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!


oufanindallas wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

RadioFreeRO wrote:

This is the router that we wanted that's offered in our area that we asked for and we did not get it. This is the remote that was suppose to come standard and we did not get it either.

I am a tech guy who knows a buffering and loading issue from not enough speed coming from a old modem when I see one, sorry to use a 90s saying but... Check yourself before you reck yourself because your source is wrong and if this got out you should be eligible for loosing your A.C.E. From 2012.


Smiley Very Happy


Didn't even realize that our ACE was loose.  Quick, someone catch it.


I've heard of loose bowels, loose drawers, I've even been accused of having a screw loose but never an  A.C.E. designation.  Darn...something else to worry about.  Smiley Sad

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 53 (4,145 Views)
Mentor

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

bauwls, It may be a forum base of customers, the fact is the customers are on the forum to get help from other users and AT&T customer support when the "customer support" on the phone screws up. It is litterally a complaining forum made to share interest about how much we hate our service so AT&T can look at it and hopefully get a heart and fix the problems they have caused. By the way This is my current router that AT&T claims is a Wireless N speed router, but I have looked in the se...It is in fact a ADSL router which is used for UVerse. Also it is illegal in my state to make someone pay extra for speed that's already enabled by buying the router that already has that speed on it because by doing that would be price gouging which AT&T is known to do.

Message 12 of 53 (4,114 Views)

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

That is NOT a UVerse router.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 13 of 53 (4,108 Views)
Mentor

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

You may say that, but it's the one they gave me for my UVerse TV and Internet Bundle. Which it said on that site I gave you that it was a wireless N and it was made by PACE. The only one's that PACE (formally 2Wire) make do not have the serial number 4111N, it's actually a 3801HGV that AT&T tries to call it a different serial number that the company who made it doesn't even make that model number. I posted the original forum post to point out that my service sucks, they gave me the opposite of what I asked for if they even gave it at all, and I am unhappy with the results AT&T produces. The forum post was created just to point out the same stuff everyone else here has already pointed out about AT&T so they can fix it because this is a PR issue. AT&T is obviously full of themselves and has no conscious for their customers who they screw over day after day.

Message 14 of 53 (4,068 Views)
Expert

Re: UVerse!?!?!?!

[ Edited ]

oufanindallas wrote:

 

That is NOT a UVerse router.


Actually it a router for AT&T DSL customers not AT&T U-verse customers. It looks a lot like the 3801HGV which is used for U-verse customers.

Message 15 of 53 (4,053 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support