Get the myAT&T app
RadioFreeRO's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Monday, September 17th, 2012 10:31 PM

Closed

UVerse!?!?!?!

Because our DVR was broken we called AT&T for a new DVR and AT&T was suppose to send a 802.11n modem/ router a few months back with it when we requested it and paid for it because my area code can get one from AT&T for our Internet and TV bundle. They sent a 802.11g without the power supply, so we called the store for service and the guy gave us a new power supply for it even though we wanted the newer WiFi version 802.11n because it was not his fault which I have to say all of this complaint goes on the phone service itself because almost 2 months later the power supply for that router was sent out even though we don't want that router. Now fast forward to yesterday when our DVR (which has a obsolete version of Windows CE from 2004) restarted itself for the 3rd time sense it was plugged in. Our DVR needs a 802.11n to work right with no interruption because we have HD and 802.11g speed hasn't been used by anyone with a working system since the beginning of 2011. The DVR did not come with the new black standard remote it was suppose to, the router was not the one we asked for, and the system keeps restarting the DVR. We want refunds for the issues You! (AT&T) have caused! We want the 802.11n router we asked for free of charge, We want our the remote our DVR never came with free of charge. AT&T using a obsolete software is 1 thing, not giving us what we asked for is another that was cause by AT&T.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?

Yes! Because my mom, me, and my sister record so much that we could only do it at night & I don't want to do it at night when my sister is asleep because she sleeps in the buff. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday I plan on doing it because we're not recording anything then, but I don't want to do this everytime something like this happens... anyone know this router's firewall well enough so I can do a weekly schedule for rebooting automatically?

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Is there a reason that you have not followed SomeJoe's suggestion to rebooted the gateway which has been running continually for 6 months?

I forgot to mention, the router is in my sister's bedroom.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

12 years ago

It only takes about 30 seconds to actually do the work necessary to reboot. Maybe ask your sister to do it before she goes to sleep one night.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

Stats-2012-09-23-18-29-30.pngErrorTable-2012-09-23-18-29-37.pngBitloading-2012-09-23-18-29-43.png

Just wondering... after I reboot, should these Unavailable seconds show up? I added these pictures to make sure everything was running smoothly, but still it seems to "now and then" have issues like words not going with shows that are english for the HD channels sometimes throughout the day. Besides the restarting itself issue, the words was the only other issue I had that has to do with the router itself. I already checked and everything hooked up to HD is compatible (cords, TVs, Surround Sound on 1 TV) but they still do this, and AT&T has came out to switch the old coaxials for new ones during last winter but it still happens and it seems like a buffering issue like when I try to access YouTube on my mom's computer which is XP and only 256 MB of RAM. Her CPU is better than mine but the OS is so old it has a buffering issue, but I doubt that's what's going on with my UVerse TV.

3 Attachments

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:
OK, the screenshots from UV Realtime are helpful.

Your modem/gateway is the 3801HGV, which is the proper VDSL2 modem for your installation. Your line profile is 32/5, which is the maximum and is appropriate for your line.

Your error table shows a few errors, but nothing that indicates a chronic problem. The max rate is a bit low for your distance, but you are close enough to the VRAD that it doesn't matter.

One thing is that your modem/gateway has not been rebooted in nearly 6 months, I would recommend you reboot it to allow it to readjust to current line conditions.

Otherwise you appear to have properly working service.

Please contact Alex as I stated in my last message to get your DVR and remote situation resolved.

Stats-2012-09-29-02-35-57.pngErrorTable-2012-09-29-02-36-05.pngBitloading-2012-09-29-02-36-18.png

Dude, your software seems buggy. Not only is it now and then showing a error report window when starting Windows, It's showing no errors but at around 11:30 p.m. EST Friday September 28, 2012 my mother's DVR was flashing static like a old school  VCR tape but more digitized and green. As usual the problem didn't stop until my sister held down the DVRs power button, then it showed a blue screen and then the several dots it does when it's rebooting. No showing of this error is on the program.

3 Attachments

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

There is nothing wrong with SJ's software.  Your issue is either with the DVR or your interior lines. Those stats look fine.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

If you had read the documentation, you would know that the Error Table shows different error categories and counts for the VDSL line itself. The problems with your DVR can come from many sources, only one of which is the VDSL line. Any errors affecting the DVR that aren't coming from the VDSL line won't show up on the Error Table, nor would it be expected for them to.

Your description of the DVR's failure mode suggests to me that you actually have a bad DVR box, or perhaps its overheating.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:
If you had read the documentation, you would know that the Error Table shows different error categories and counts for the VDSL line itself. The problems with your DVR can come from many sources, only one of which is the VDSL line. Any errors affecting the DVR that aren't coming from the VDSL line won't show up on the Error Table, nor would it be expected for them to.

Your description of the DVR's failure mode suggests to me that you actually have a bad DVR box, or perhaps its overheating.

Hey SJ, is it possible the no loading at 1350 KHz could be causing some of the OP issues?

Also, I noticed in his bitloading, something I don't think I've seen before in other peoples screenshots, and that is the "bracketing" or "bookends" on the download bands. What would cause something like that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

The null at 1350 kHz is likely an AM radio station in his area. It should not cause a problem because the frequency and power output are steady. The modem will adapt and not assign any bitloading there.

The brackets at the end of the download bands are normal for 3801HGV modems at <1000 ft from the VRAD. The 3801HGV allocates extra reserve bits there because there's less crosstalk due to the adjacent guard bands.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

12 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:
The null at 1350 kHz is likely an AM radio station in his area. It should not cause a problem because the frequency and power output are steady. The modem will adapt and not assign any bitloading there.

The brackets at the end of the download bands are normal for 3801HGV modems at <1000 ft from the VRAD. The 3801HGV allocates extra reserve bits there because there's less crosstalk due to the adjacent guard bands.

I've been looking at everyone's comments and I think the null at 1.350 MHz or also known as 1350 kHz that I can think of that's near me could be is the ATT Phone 1  Philips Antenna  ATT Phone 2  ATT Phone 3  Verizon Phone or ATT Phone 3 but I don't think that's it. I took a look at the manual for the box and it shouldn't overheat from where and how I put it but I looked at the top and I have to say it looks like a possible engineering flaw that involves the fact there's passive cooling on it and the hard drive looks like it's dangling right over the CPU.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.